Chapter Six.

"Trust me, Marilyn. I'm unable to wrap my head around the scene that I just witnessed," 

He's being so dramatic, it makes me want to puke. Instead, I pretend that I'm listening to him like a good girl and not at all thinking about puking.

I look up at him and he's looking down at me.

"What were you both doing in there?" He finally asks. I take a deep breath.

"Are you going to believe whatever I'm going to tell you?" I ask, knowing fully well that he probably won't.

"Is he your ex-boyfriend?" He asks. I shake my head.

"Then I should fire him." He muses as he makes his way to his chair.

I turn to him swiftly.

"Why would you do that?" I ask. He sits down and faces me.

"I just don't like him, don't think that I'm doing this because of you. You just gave me a reason to fire him." 

Oh my god, this man. He's mean. Even though I hate Jason to death, still I don't want him to lose his job.

"Listen, it was nothing I swear, we know each other, he was just being over-friendly. He doesn't seem to realize it but sometimes he invades people's personal space." I'm lying of course. I can't believe I'm lying to my husband for a man whom I hate so damn much.

He raises his left eyebrow and nearly pierces my skin through his intense gaze.

"Well, I'll trust your word for now." He simply says switching his attention to his laptop screen, which is a sign for me to get lost.

I take a deep breath and leave his office. What was I even thinking when I accepted this job offer? I should've requested another position in his office, but at the time I was dying to become a good wife to him.

Good wife my ass.

I know that he isn't happy about this because now he has to see my face for the whole day. He'll find ways to fire me, but I won't give him any excuse to do so.

I'm Marilyn Hayes after all. I'm a strong girl.

*

Strong girl, I said?

What a joke.

Tears are making my vision blurry but I have to keep going because if I mess up, that grim-reaper is going to kill me.

That handsome grim-reaper like Lee Dong-Wook. 

Shut up, Marilyn. I wipe my tears away as I continue sorting out the files he just gave me, or nearly threw at me.

It's freaking nine o'clock and I'm still in the office, It's been a week since I started working and every day something happens that makes me cry.

He's sitting in front of me doing something on his laptop, completely ignoring me.

He's such a mean person. I just misplaced one file.

One file. 

And he shouted at me for fifteen minutes. I have a good mind to misplace more files, he can shout at me all he wants then, what's the worst he can do?

"Careful with the files, I don't want them to be destroyed." He says but I ignore him.  I'm so done for today and I'm sleepy. He hasn't been sleeping at home for two days and I'm not even sure what he does when he's in the office.

If he's at the office.

Half an hour later, I finish sorting the files.

"I'm done," I tell him, he nods and doesn't say anything. 

I mean, a 'good job' or a simple 'good' would do.

"Aren't you coming home?" I ask, knowing full well he won't tell me even if he will be coming.

He looks at me and raises his eyebrows in amusement.

"Why? Are you missing me?"

God, why is he so cheap? But, I would be lying if I say that I'm not liking this side of him. 

I shrug.

"Just wondering." He looks away from me and starts gathering his things.

"Do you want to grab something to eat on the way home?" He casually asks as if this is our routine. I try my best to not show him how shocked I am, because what the hell went wrong with him?

Or went right with him, I guess.

"I... I don-," He cuts me off before I can finish my sentence which was going to make no sense so I'm quite thankful that he did.

"Let's eat at home, you seem tired." Just as I start feeling happy at the fact that he just showed some care towards me, he stands up and looks at me.

"I hope you didn't think that I would go easy on you, did you?" He wants to know. 

I stop myself from rolling my eyes, because... this man.

He has a Ph.D. in ruining nice moments.

"Let's go." He says and starts walking towards the door, I follow him out, and being the dumbass I am I end up asking him the obvious.

"So you're coming home?" I ask him because I'm still shocked. 

He stops in front of the elevator and turns to face me.

"Are you sure you didn't bang your head somewhere today?" He asks, I shake my head thinking that he's just worried for me, but wh-

Upon realizing what he just asked, I open my mouth to attack him with a smart comeback but he's already stepping into the elevator. 

So, I have no choice but to follow him.

I'll get back at him later.

We reach home, have our dinner, and don't talk to each other at all.

I do my skincare routine because being the wife of a crazy rich man did make me able to buy all those skincare products that I wanted to buy. I'm grateful for this.

After spending some time in front of the mirror, I decide to go to bed. I lay down beside him and once again, I suppress the urge to wrap my arm around him. It hurts so much, I should ask him if I can do this or not.

I keep thinking of waking him up and asking him about it because I need this. The clock strikes midnight and I sigh.

Will I ever be able to gather up the courage to do so? 

I don't think so.