Chapter Twenty-Two.

I get in the car and take off my high heels. My feet are hurting like hell, why didn't I think twice before wearing heels to the construction site? 

Probably because I was busy imagining 18+  scenarios.

He gets in the car from the other side and looks at his wristwatch.

"We still have some time in the meeting, do you want to eat something before going back to the office?" He asks me, taking out his mobile phone, not looking at me the whole time.

I feel quite hungry but not too much. The main reason I've been rejecting his offer to eat with him is that I want him to take me out on a proper date. We've never been on one and I want that to happen.

I shake my head.

"No, I'm good. Are you hungry?" I ask him, he shakes his head.

"Not yet." He starts typing something in his phone as I pull my feet up and start massaging them.

He notices the movement beside him and glances at my feet.

"What happened?" He asks. 

"Just wore the wrong shoes here," I tell him, he simply nods and turns his attention back to his phone.

The driver gets in the car and cranks the engine. The car starts moving towards our destination so I lean back on my seat and close my eyes. Then something sparks in my mind. I open my eyes and look at him, he's still busy on his phone.

"Are you going to England next week?" I ask him, he finally looks at me.

"Yes. I am." He replies. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask him. He takes a deep breath.

"I would have."

"When?" He turns his attention back to his phone and ignores me.

"I'm asking you something." 

"I'm doing something right now, Marilyn." He took my name. He's getting irritated. And I'm getting irritated too. I want him and my feet hurt and I'm hurt that he didn't tell me that he'll be traveling next week.

"And I'm asking you something," I retort, I know he's going to get mad at me now and I'm prepared for that.

Maybe.

He switches off his phone and looks at me. I can see the irritation in his eyes and honestly it hurts. I get that he's tired from all the work he's been doing day and night and he needs rest but I need him too.

He said that he'll try so why won't he try harder than just kissing me? I don't know why I'm feeling this way, I just want to cry right now. Maybe I'm starting my period soon. Maybe I'm just tired. I don't know. 

"Yes, I'm going to England so what? What's the big deal? It isn't like I'm traveling for the first time. And now I told you, so will you stop bothering me?" He says in a cold tone, I hate that he's speaking like this to me.

He can at least sound angry.

"You didn't tell me, you told that to Ethan and I got to know through that. You could've at least told me that yourself."

"And why would I do that, Marilyn?"He asks. I can see his irritation turning into anger but I don't care.

"Because I'm your wife." He scoffs at this.

"Yes, you're my wife but your best friend knows more about you than your husband." He emphasizes on best friend and that's when I know that he's mad at me. 

"What do you mean? I'd gladly tell you everything about me if you'd just ask. But you never have time for me." 

"I talk to you every morning, I have time in the morning and I give it to what more do you want from me?" He turns towards me completely, I glance at the driver but he's minding his own business and driving the car but of course, our voices would be reaching his ears.