Chapter Twelve.

I stand up swiftly as I hear a voice behind me and turn to face the person behind me and he looks strangely...

Familiar?

I take a step back as that person takes a step towards me.

"Why are you sitting here all alone? Did Aiden come here to check up on things?" He asks, looking around.

Who is this person and how does he know Aiden?

How does he know me?

Why would Aiden come here? 

I frown and he looks at me.

"Oh, I'm so sorry I should introduce myself to you, My name is William Davies. I'm Aiden's friend."  He offers me his hand for a handshake and I rather hesitatingly take it because what else am I supposed to do?

"I came to the wedding." He tells me upon seeing my confused expressions.

"Oh, yes. I was wondering where I saw you." So he's someone I'm supposed to know.

But what if he's a creepy stalker and knows everything about me?

Shut up Marilyn, this is not helping. My brain tells me.

 He smiles and leaves my hand.

"I just came back from England and was on my way to meet Aiden and I saw you sitting here. Thanks to my great memory I recognized you instantly." I nod at this and look around, but I see no car. Is he lying? Please god, don't let me die by his hands here. Aiden won't even find my body. 

He seems to sense what I'm thinking so he quickly explains.

"My car is not here, I stopped to take a look around here and decided to walk to the house." 

"But why would you stop here?" I ask him. Because I'm curious.

"Because this is Aiden's place. He's going to build a warehouse here. But of course, you'd know what he wants to do here, right?" He keeps on speaking but I don't understand a word he's saying.

"What do you mean? Does he own this place? Why would he build a warehouse here?" I ask him. William frowns at this.

He then straightens up and starts looking around. He's looking everywhere but at me. And this seems suspicious.

"I mean, yes he owns this, and... do you want to walk with me to the house?" He suddenly changes the topic and I sense something wrong.

Of course, now I'll have to investigate this matter further. I'll ask Tessa. She'll know something.

But wait a minute, I know Aiden is rich, but what the fuck is this? He owns this land, I mean how rich is he?

I look at him and nod. 

"I'll be thankful if you let me tag along," I say, I decide to trust him because his face looks trustable. If he tries to kidnap me I'll kick him on his vital spot and run for my life.

He smiles again and nods.

"I'll be honored to have you walk with me, Mrs. Hayes." He says.

"Oh, call me Marilyn." We start walking back to the house and I memorize the way because I'll be damned if I get lost again. And I just know I'll be coming here again.

For investigation purposes.

I mean, I know Aiden never told me much about him. Actually, he never told me anything about him.

But I have to know everything, I'm his wife. I have a right to know everything.

The gunshots last night and now this.