Chapter Five.

I'm so scared right now. I want to cry in a corner. He's currently shouting at his employee because that poor guy messed up a file or something. I'm standing behind his chair and I swear if he doesn't stop shouting I'm going to faint.

"Get that done right now, or you can say goodbye to your job. Leave!" He waits for the employee to leave before closing his eyes and starts massaging his temples.

I feel bad for him so I decide to do something for him. I place my hands on his shoulders and start to give him a light massage. He stops massaging his temples and tries to look at me.

"Relax," I say and he listens to me for once in his life and visibly relaxes under my touch. I can tell that he's liking this so I continue massaging his shoulders. They are stiff, maybe I should do this every day.

After a few minutes, he tells me to stop. I step back and he looks at me.

"Thank you, Marilyn. Can you get me a cup of coffee?" He asks.

"Of course," I say and walk out of his office. Upon stepping out I see my friend standing outside the office.

She comes towards me and takes my hands in hers.

"I was so scared for you, it's your second day at work and he's being like this. I bet he isn't like this at home." She winks after staying the last part and I suppress the urge to laugh. She doesn't even want to know how he is at home.

"I'm going to get him coffee, wanna join me?" I ask. 

Anna has been my friend from the time when I used to work for Mr. Hayes. She's been a great friend to me and we were happy that we could work together again.

Everyone in this office knows that I'm Aiden's wife and as far as I've noticed, they tend to hesitate to talk to me comfortably, except for Anna, who talks to me the same way as she used to. 

I hope I make everyone comfortable around me because it's going to be difficult working here if everyone's going to be cautious around me

Aiden had told me in clear words on my first day that he wasn't going to be lenient with me because everyone here knew that I was his wife and he didn't want anyone to think that he was favoring me.

And I'm cool with that. As long as I can work in his office, I'm okay.

I start making his coffee and Anna sits down behind me.

"Hey listen, if anyone says anything to you don't take it to heart okay?" I turn to look at her and raise my eyebrows.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, there are some people mostly female employees who're bitching about you behind your back and all. I know the situation but they don't. So, if anyone says anything just ignore them." 

"What exactly are they saying?" I ask her, suddenly I'm interested. 

"They think that you and Mr. Hayes knew each other before your marriage and that he was the one who helped you get a job here before and that was all your plan and whatsoever. I mean, they are talking about Mr. Hayes too and if this gets out I'm afraid it could get really big. I do want this to get out so that Mr. Hayes can fire their asses but still I'm telling you, just ignore such people."

I shrug.

Let's see what happens, but for now, I need to get this coffe- 

"Marilyn Hayes!" I hear him shout my name and nearly drop the coffee. Anna looks at me, her eyes as wide as an egg.

"You're dead." She says.

"I'm dead." I agree. I try to run to his office without spilling the coffee and somehow succeed in entering his office without any accident.

 I enter his office just to see him standing by the window, he isn't looking at me and that's a relief.

"What took you so long, Mrs. Hayes?" Oh no, he's calling me Mrs. Hayes, he is mad at me.

"I'm sorry, the coffee machine was just-" I try to lie but he stops me.

"The coffee machine works perfectly fine, I guess you were busy gossiping with Mrs. Anderson." 

Why the fuck does he know that? And we were not gossiping.

I want to tell him that but I decide to stay quiet.

"Are you just going to stand there?" He demands and turns to look at me I shake my head and walk up to his desk.

I bend down to place the cup there when I feel his presence behind me. I stand up straight and turn to face him.

"Tell Mr. Heath to submit that report I gave him last week, in an hour." He says without looking at me. Did I mention that he looks incredibly handsome today? It's been so hard to keep my eyes off him.

He leaves my way and I start walking towards the door when he stops me.

"Come straight back here, there are some things we need to discuss." I nod and leave the office. 

I knock on his cabin door and wait for him to call me inside. I'm cursing the day when I decided to take this job. I forgot that there was a creep here who'd been waiting to get hold of me once again so that he could make my life a living hell.

He tells me to come in and I enter his cabin, upon seeing me he smirks and stands up.

"If this isn't my beautiful lady." He takes a step towards me. I take a step back.

"Oh, I missed you, Marilyn." He tries to hug me but I dodge him like a pro I am. I swear if my husband cared for me just a bit, I would have told him to fire this creepy man. Because I'm sick of this.

"It's Mrs. Hayes for you, Jason." He laughs at this. The audacity. 

"Of course. You're a married woman now. But you married him for the money, right? but still, here you are again, as his secretary. He isn't treating you right is he?" He takes another step closer to me and at this point, I'm not even trying to step back. I know he won't stop trying, so I just stand there looking at him. I can't believe he isn't scared of Aiden. I mean, he should be. He's hitting on his boss's wife after all.

But then, what's new?

He caresses my cheek with the back of his hand and I slap his hand away.

"Don't you dare touch me, Jason." I wish Aiden was here. I just wish that he'd be my protector. 

He brings his face closer to my ear and I fight the urge to kick him in the nuts.

"I'm here if you want to have some fun. I swear I'll give you the best time of your life."

I bring my hands to his chest and push him away.

"Stop this. Or I'll tell Aiden about all those text messages that you've been sending me."

"Oh, so you've been getting them. I thought you'd blocked me." 

I roll my eyes.

"I've been receiving messages from three different numbers and I've blocked all three of them now. I don't want you to message me ever again, or things won't be pretty." I threaten him, knowing full well I won't have the guts to tell this to Aiden.

"I just want you to give me a chance, it's just one night. And I know after that you'll want more." 

I'm so disgusted by this man that I want to puke. I want-

"What the hell is going on here?"