Chapter Fourteen.

He cups my face between his hands and starts moving his lips against mine. I'm still trying to contemplate what the hell is happening. 

Is he kissing me? Is this real? Should I pinch myself? 

Just as I raise my hand to pinch myself, he tilts my face for better access to my lips and I end up wrapping my arms around his neck. He pulls me closer to him until there's no space left between us, I close my eyes and kiss him back timidly because I have no experience in kissing whatsoever so naturally, I let him take the lead which he gladly takes.

He bites my lower lip, and a soft moan escapes my mouth which is engulfed by his mouth. I open my mouth to give him better access and he gladly takes the opportunity. He starts exploring my mouth like it's the most fascinating place ever. Everything's going awesome until I feel his hands inside my shirt.

I ignore it at first because he's my husband, he can touch me. I want him to touch me. His hands travel further until I feel him trying to unhook my bra, which makes no sense as I'm still wearing my shirt. He pulls away from me and starts leaving sweet kisses from my jaw to my neck.

And I'm enjoying this, I have no idea what came over him but I'm happy. This may be the start of our life as a married couple.

"Take off your clothes." He whispers against my ear and I open my eyes.

"W-what?" He goes back to leaving marks on my neck and it's becoming impossible for me to speak now.

He lifts me,  and I wrap my legs around his waist. He takes me to our bed and lays me down. He then gets on top of me and resumes kissing me. But I know what's coming next and even though I want this, I don't want to rush things. This is too early. 

I need to stop him.

He leaves my lips once again and attacks my neck. I clutch the back of his shirt, trying to gather up the courage to stop him.  At this point, he's hurting me. He's biting my skin a little too hard and I have to stop him.

"Aiden." I whimper. He ignores me and keeps doing his work on my neck, it's like he wants to mark me. 

Which he is doing right now.

"Aiden. Stop." I cup his face between my hands and try to pull him away from my neck. 

"What the hell, Marilyn?" He pulls away from me and demands. His eyes seem unfocused, he's breathing hard and I can see something on his lower lip.

Is that...

Blood?

I touch my neck and sure enough, I feel something sticky on my fingers. I look at him in disbelief but he doesn't seem to care because he tries to capture my lips once again but I swerve.

"Stop," I say and try to push him away but he doesn't budge.

"Isn't that what you wanted? Why are you telling me to stop now?" He's trapping me between his arms and staring down at me.

Why doesn't he ever show any emotions? This man just kissed the living hell out of me and here he is staring down at me with no expressions on his face.

"One step at a time, Aiden. How can you expect me to give myself to you all in one night when we've had no intimacy between us before this night?"

"I'm your husband, I can have you whenever the fuck I want." He growls.

Oh, so that was what he was thinking when he was kissing me?

"Get off me," I tell him, as calmly as I could, and to my surprise he does. He stands up and runs his hand through his hair.

"I don't understand you, you say that you want me to give this fucking marriage a chance and I'm ready now. So why are you backing off?" He asks me, trying hard not to let his anger show but I can see it clearly in his eyes, I stand up too.

"That's not what I meant. I want you to give this all a chance and not just..." I leave my sentence hanging because I know he understands what I'm trying to say.

"That's how I'm trying to give this a chance, I'm not forcing you into anything you were the one who wanted this in the first place." I sigh and look down at my feet then look up at him.

"This isn't everything, you don't even want me." As these words come out of my mouth, tears start threatening me to come out but I have to be strong.

"Who said I don't? I fucking wanted you and you stopped me. And now you're complaining?" I can see his eyes turning red. I take a step towards him and place my hands over his arms.

"But it's too early." I try to make him understand what I mean. You can't just jump from one thing to another without establishing a relationship first. A relationship that contains your heart and emotions, and not just your body.

He scoffs and removes my hands from his arms.

"Early? It's been a couple of months already, and this is early?" He wants to know.

"I don't want this to be all about physical intimacy. You should try to understand and respect my feelings. I want you to feel the same way about me as I feel about you, is that so hard to understand?" I ask him, my eyes fill with tears and I look away from him.

I hear him sigh.

"I don't understand you sometimes, Marilyn." He says in a cold voice.

Then without another word, he leaves the room, shutting the door with a bang behind his back.

A sob escapes my lips and I sit down on my bed burying my face in my hands. Tears start escaping my eyes and drench my hands. 

How was I so stupid to believe even for a second that he wanted me and not just my body?

What the hell happened to him in the past? Or was he always like this?

Maybe the loss of his parents at an early age played a huge role in making him who he is today. 

I keep crying and thinking of possible reasons behind his behavior. He keeps on hurting me and never realizes that.

After crying for several minutes, I stand up and walk over to the mirror. 

I see a girl. Her face and her eyes were red due to all the crying.

But her eyes don't look dead today. They hold the pain that her heart's been suffering from.

I can see the dried-up blood on the side of my neck. He's left a fair few bruises there.

I close my eyes. I can't bear to see myself like this.

I can't let him see me like this.

I stay in front of the mirror for some time, then decide to go to bed early after washing up.

What did I even do to him that he treats me this way?

Am I a thing? A toy? 

He said he wants to give this a chance. Is this how he's willing to give this a chance?

He should've respected me. He should've respected my feelings for him.

I hope I don't give up because I feel this close to giving up.

I hope I stay strong.