23

I opened my eyes and found myself cuddled into Jason’s chest.

He was so warm and his skin was so soft, just like a baby’s.

Jason’s arms were wrapped around me in a tight grip, protectively.

The drops of rain where heard from hitting off the roof in such a fast pace.

It made me feel so comfy just listening to every second of it.

“Morning beautiful” I heard Jason’s husky morning voice whisper into my ear.

I could feel butterflies in my stomach hearing his husky breath against my ear.

“Morning” I answered him back.

He kissed my forehead and made his way towards the bathroom.

I laid on my back looking at the ceiling.

I heard the sound of the shower being turned on so I decided to get changed.

I made my way to the wardrobe and threw on a pair of sweatpants and a black tank top.

After that I pulled my hair into a messy bun, since all I wanted to do today was have a lazy day.

As Jason was in the shower I told myself I’d make him something for breakfast.

I made my way downstairs into the kitchen. As I turned the corner into the kitchen I didn’t see any sign of the dog, anywhere.

My eyebrows furrowed, he’s normally always down here?

‘Jason probably left him outside or something’ I thought to myself.

I walked towards the fridge grabbing eggs and milk.

After that I grabbed the flour from the press and decided on making pancakes.

As I was mixing up the batter for the pancakes a horrible smell hit my nose.

I put down the bowl and the smell lingered in the air.

I could feel myself getting chills like as if a window or door was open.

I walked out from the kitchen to see the front door wide open.

‘What the hell, wasn’t that door locked?’ I told myself.

As I neared the door something appeared to be on the floor, and the horrible smell was getting stronger.

I started to cough. I suddenly stopped seeing exactly what it was.

I covered my mouth with both of my hands at the bloody sight in front of my eyes.

Tears streamed down my face, I let out a scream.

There on the floor outside the door was the dog, ripped to pieces.

I heard loud footsteps coming down the stairs towards me. I still stood there in shock not bothering to look.

“Nicola, what’s wr-“Jason shouted, but stopped mid-sentence when his eyes seen what was in front of him.

I felt Jason grab onto my waist and turn me around into his chest, pulling my eyes away from the horrible sight in front of me.

“It’s okay, shhh baby” I kept sobbing while Jason brought me into the living room.

He sat me onto the sofa and wiped away my tears.

“What the hell did that Jason?” I looked at his eyes. I could see the pain filling into his eyes.

“I don’t know Nicola. I want you to stay here while I get rid of it okay?” I nodded my head.