13

After the awkward dinner I had with Jason’s parents we headed outside the front door to say goodbye to them.

Jason held onto my hand tightly; making it look like we’re so in love, note the sarcasm.

I guess the other reason he’s holding on so tightly, again preventing me from escaping.

Me and Jason stood beside each other hand in hand outside the door while Pattie and Jeremy stood in front of us.

“Thank you for the wonderful dinner, I’ll see you guys soon” Pattie smiled at the both of us while Jeremy stood there staring at me.

They both turned around and walked towards their car getting in and driving off.

As soon as their car was out of site I pulled my hand out of Jason’s grip and walked back inside.

Jason followed behind me shutting the door after him.

After that I turned around feeling anger build up inside me.

“Do you know how uncomfortable that was?!” I snapped at him.

Jason furrowed his eyebrows at my sudden outburst.

“Yes I know but I couldn’t do anything about it don’t you understand!” He shouted back at me.

I didn’t want to deal with this right now so I walked up the stairs towards the bedroom.

“Don’t walk away from me Nicola!” I stopped half way up the steps and turned around seeing his eyes had turned red.

“What?! Don’t you understand how awkward that was for me to see the man that killed my own father? To sit there and look him in the eye and tell him everything was fine when it’s not! But you wouldn’t understand would you? You don’t know how I feel and you never will!” I felt a tear slip from my eye; I wiped it away quickly before Jason could see it.

But he did see it. His eyes started to soften turning back to that brown color.

He walked up the steps towards me.

He stood in front of me looking into my eyes; he wiped away another tear with his thumb that slid down my cheek.

He pulled me into a hug rubbing his hands up and down my back softly making me calm down instantly.

We stood in that spot for a few minutes, until I let go from him.

It got so awkward so I turned around and headed up the rest of the staircase, until Jason grabbed my wrist and turned me around.

“Everything is gonna be alright, Nicola” He smiled making my stomach flutter.

He let go and walked downstairs towards the kitchen.

I snapped out of the little trance I was in and walked into the bedroom taking off my dress and putting on pj’s.

I looked at the clock sitting on the wall; it read 8:00pm exactly.

How did the time go so quick over a dinner? I asked myself.

I shook my head and walked towards the mirror to take off my jewelry and make-up.

I looked up at the mirror but before I could do anything something caught my eye at the window.

 All I could see was a black shape of a human and a glow of two red dots telling me it was their eyes that were sending daggers my way.

I turned around seeing these red blood eyes in the trees staring right at me I did the only thing I could think of, I screamed.

Jason’s P.o.v.