3

That morning I got up for school, Gina and Stacey went home early this morning.

I guess they went for some sleep since I kept them up all night.

I didn’t want to go back to sleep in case that Jason McCann guy comes back to me in my dreams, again.

I walked downstairs seeing my mom having coffee.

I grabbed my school bag and walked towards the front door.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Mom got off from the chair and walked towards me.

“To school” I answered her back confused as to why she said that.

“Nicola, Gina and Stacey told me you were screaming, tossing and turning all night last night. You have no business going to school today.” Mom put her hand on my shoulder trying to reassure me.

“I’ve got to go to school, mom. Otherwise I’ll sit up there and go crazy.” Mom sighed.

“Did you sleep?” She asked really concerned.

“I’ll sleep in study hall. I’d rather keep busy.” I took the coffee from her hand and took a sip, but she took it back off of me.

“Right home after?”  She asked.

“Right home after.” I nodded my head.

Mom kissed my cheek and so I walked out the door towards school.

When walking towards school I felt like someone was watching me, which made me uncomfortable.

I kept looking back but saw nobody there.

School-

I was sitting in History class with Miss. Leach.

Gina and Stacey never came into school today I’ve texted and called them but I got no answer from them.

Miss Leach was talking about something “Now, class, it was Pericles who told the Athenian people that they should all gather into the gates of the city while his naval fleet picked off the Spartans by sea….” After that I just did not listen.

I rested my head on my hand, closing my eyes.

I then got interrupted by Miss Leach telling us to open up our books on page 84.

I opened my History book to where I saw different pictures of people being hanged but the one that caught my attention was a guy in the back ground surrounded by flames and his red eyes, Its him.

I started to breathe heavily holding onto the desk tightly and closing my eyes telling myself to ‘wake up.’

I opened my eyes to see that everything and everyone around me had turned into ashes and I saw Jason standing were the blackboard was.

“You really shouldn’t fall asleep in class, baby” I was shaking like mad and breathing really heavily.

I got up off of the desk quickly and ran out of the room but came back into another classroom, and he was there again.

“Hi, Nicola” I panted heavily, scared of what might happen to me ‘is he trying to kill me?’

“What do you want?” I asked him.

He chuckled looking at me up and down.

He walked closer to me; I took a step back but got to the wall behind me.

“You look just as beautiful as ever. You have nothing to worry about, baby. I only want you” he got closer and closer.

The closer he got the more I could see into his eyes, I screamed.

I woke up screaming in the middle of class, startling everyone.

“Miss Walsh, are you okay?” Miss Leach asked me.

I nodded my head and took a heavy breath.

The bell rang so I grabbed my stuff and ran down the halls heading home.

Home-

I walked in through the door of the house closing it behind me.

Mom was standing there as I walked in.

“Are you okay; Nicola your teacher rang me telling me that you just screamed in the middle of class and took off running?” I sighed, nodding my head.

“I’m going to get you a doctor’s appointment, because this really isn’t you Nicola” My eyes widened.

“Mom no please I don’t need any of that” My Mom shook her head and grabbed the phone and dialed a number.

I groaned and stomped up the stairs towards my bedroom.

What does this Jason guy want ‘me’ for?

What have I ever done to him and there’s only one way to find out.

I have to go back to sleep.