17

This morning I woke up by myself, again. Jason wasn’t by my side like he usually was every other morning.

Ever since I mentioned ‘her’ he’s been distant lately like he’s being thinking, but thinking about what?

Normally I’d find him sitting in his study with his head in his hands like he was thinking, or else he was either gone.

Every time I’d ask him where he’s been, he’d skip the question automatically and kiss me on the lips and head up to his study, thinking about things again.

Right now Jason wasn’t in the house I was all alone with this dog I now named ‘Ray.’

He sat beside me on the sofa looking at me so often.

I sat on the sofa having nothing better to do but listen to the soft pitter patter of the rain hitting off the roof.

I got a sudden thought into my mind; I got up off the sofa making my way up the steps towards Jason’s study.

I opened the door to Jason’s study softly, making it creak a little.

I left the door open just in case Jason came home.

If he finds out that I was in here going through his stuff, he wouldn’t like it at all.

I searched everywhere not finding a thing, although there was a drawer I never looked through.

I opened the drawer doors finding a photo frame turned the opposite way were I couldn’t see the picture.

I turned it around seeing a picture of Jason and the girl, kissing.

My heart was shattered thinking if she was alive right now would I even be here at this moment?

Did he really mean what he said? When he said that I mean more to him than her?

All of this kept running through my mind.

‘Of course he loves me; we’re soul mates for god sake. We were meant to be’ I thought.

I was suddenly interrupted by the door slamming downstairs, meaning Jason was home.

My eyes widened, I quickly slid the photo frame back into the drawer and ran out of Jason’s study quickly.

“Nicola!” Jason’s voice echoed throughout the house.

I stood at the top of the staircase seeing Jason at the bottom looking around worriedly.

“Is everything alright Jason?” I asked him, softly. Jason looked up with a worried look on his face.

Jason ran up towards me up the staircase. He wrapped his arms around me tightly, kissing my cheek.

“Are you okay?” He asked me. I frowned.

“Why wouldn’t I be okay?” I chuckled. Jason’s face then instantly fell.

“It’s nothing” Jason then walked straight past me into his study slamming the door behind him.

That was it I couldn’t take it anymore something was bothering him and I needed to find out what it was.

I bit my lip, angrily. I stomped towards Jason’s study slamming open the door.

Jason was sitting there never bothering to look up at me.

I made my way over to him, angrily. “What the hell is wrong with you?!” I spoke.

Jason didn’t speak not a word came out of his mouth, he kept looking through papers never bothering to look at me.

My fists clenched. “Jason! Are you even listening to me? You’ve been ignoring me the past couple of days, just because I mentioned her!”

Jason stopped looking through the papers, balling up his fists. I knew I was getting to him so I kept going.

“What? Did you finally realize you don’t want me in your life anymore, because it sure as hell feels like it!” Jason stood up from his chair making it hit off the wall, making me flinch.

 Jason stood in front of me, angrily. I was backed up against the wall my chest rising up and down trying to calm myself down.

“Don’t you even dare say I don’t want you in my life!” He roared in my face. I gritted my teeth.

“I bet if she was still alive I wouldn’t even be here right now!” I screamed right back. Jason’s hand rose, making me close my eyes ready for the impact.

I never felt anything; I opened my eyes seeing Jason’s hand beside my head touching the wall. He grabbed his hair in frustration.

“Don’t you understand?! If I don’t have a child with you before New Year’s Eve, you’ll die, and I can’t let that happen!” I gasped. Die?

“What are you talking about Jason? No one said anything about dying?!” I questioned him.

Jason put both hands onto my cheeks making me look in his eyes.

“It’s the way it has to be Nicola, I can’t do anything. I’m not going to let you die.” I shook my head.

“What are you talking about Jason? I don’t understand? I can’t die. I can’t have a child I’m only eighteen for god’s sake!” I was confused, what is he talking about?

“Nicola your life is in danger. If I don’t marry you and get you pregnant after that clock strikes twelve on New Year’s, they’ll kill you” I shook my head, terrified.

“Who’ll kill me Jason? Who? You’re scaring me!” Tears started to pour from my eyes, as I thought of my life ending so soon.

“The preacher’s, Nicola” Jason whispered. I gulped feeling my breathing begin to get heavy. Jason looked at me worriedly trying to calm me down.

‘Preacher’s? why? Why would they want to kill me? I did nothing to them?’ I thought.

“Why?” I whispered to him. Jason caressed my cheek, softly.

“Because they don’t want evil in this world, it’s there mission. I’m not going to let them kill you, Nicola.” Tears were pouring down my eyes, thinking about all of this, why me?

“Why didn’t you tell me about this?” Jason wiped away my tears with his hand.

“I didn’t want to scare you” I tore Jason’s hands away from me, harshly.

“Scare me? Was this why you were ignoring me the whole time?” I paused. He was about to speak but I cut him off. “You know what? Let them kill me, at least I won’t have to stick another minute living in this hell hole!” I screamed.

And with that I walked out from Jason’s study, heading towards the bedroom with tears rushing down my face.

I locked the bedroom door preventing Jason from coming in.

Tears blurred my vision as Jason’s fists hit off the bedroom door trying to get in.

I sat there on the bed thinking ‘Why me? Why does this have to happen to me? What have I ever done?”

I never knew my life would have to end like this.

---------

So I hope you guys liked this chapter i'm so sorry I took so long to update but I was so busy with Christmas and other things. For this I will be updating two chapters so let me know what you think about them in the comments.

I also want to say a happy new years to you all I hope you all have a great year ahead, love you guys!