4 : Your first Magical Quest

After escaping from the dungeon, you finally reached the owl house.

All three of you hop off the staff.

"We're here! Eda will be opening the portal and you can finally go back home." The girl with brown hair exclaimed.

"Thank you. Really... You didn't even know me but you saved me. I owe you one Noceda." You say bashfully, bowing your head slightly.

"Pfft... We're good man. Also the name's Luz! Luz Noceda." She says with a smiling face.

"I didn't catch your name though." She added.

"Oh, I'm Y/N , L/N"

"Nice to finally meet you Y/N!" She greets.

"Also, I was wondering how you knew me? As far as I know I'm the only human around here." Luz asks.

"Oh um. We go to the same school. I'm your senior. Aaaand... One of your snakes kinda bit my hand." You answer.

"Oh my gosh I am so sorry for that! I'll make it up to you!" She eagerly apologized.

"You already did." You smiled. "You and Eda. That's her name I presume." You stated, turning your head to her.

"Gross gratitude. Eda grumbled.

You frown

"Don't you worry. Eda's a bad girl with a soft side. In fact, she was worried about you when she learned you were captured by the Emperor's Coven Guards." Luz assured.

"Oh." You blush.

"Luz, stop exposing me." Eda complained.

"Now kid, you better get going. You don't want to go home too late at night." She added, changing the topic.

"Oh no you're right! Mom's gonna kill me!" You panic.

"Well I guess this is good bye. You can visit if you want!" Luz insisted.

You remember all the responsibilities your mom signed you up for. The thought makes you frown.

"i-I'll think about it." You said hesitantly.

You walk towards the portal door, hesitating a bit because you don't exactly have a good experience with portals.

"Oh wait I almost forgot!" Eda exclaimed as she put her hand in her enormous hair and pulled out your DVD then hands it out to you. "I believe this is yours."

This instantly lights up your face and so you thank her.

You bid both of them goodbye and walk through the portal.

You run to your house and discover that your front door is locked so you entered your room through the window.

You were relieved that your mom didn't notice you were gone so clean yourself up and flop down your bed.

As you lay on your bed you reminisce of all the things that just happened earlier.

It was all so unreal.

You've never felt so terrified before but at the same time you liked the rush of excitement.

'Maybe I will come visit' You thought while smiling at the ceiling.

'Besides, I have something to find out.'
______________________________________

                  🕒 TIME SKIP 🕔
______________________________________

You have been visiting the Owl House ever since.

You were supposed to perform government services in your town after your activities, picking up garbage and stuff for extra credit but you slip away every so often and nobody notices.