21: Acceptance? (Part I)

"Y/N don't do it! There's got to be another way!" Luz pleaded.

"But I can't take it anymore!" You cried.

"Please understand that if you do this, there's no turning back..." Luz tried to reason with you.

You shaked as you held the dagger firmly in your hands.

You looked at Luz with fear in your eyes. "I know..."

The deed had to be done.

"I'm sorry Luz."

"Wait!" Luz yelled.

You swiftly did the cut.

"NOOOooo- Ooooh... wait it's actually not that bad." Luz chirped.

"You really think so? It's not too short isn't it?" You nervously asked, looking at the mirror.

"Hmm... maybe just a few more trims here and there." Luz stated, holding her chin.

"What the heck are you two screaming about?!" Eda scolded as she kicked the door open, slightly panicked.

"You woke me up from my early morning nap!" King complained, sitting on Eda's shoulder.

"Oh Y/N, did you just cut your hair?" Eda pointed out.

"Yeah... brushing has become quite a hassle. And... I wanted to try a new look." You chuckled.

"Well it looks good on you." Eda praised.

"But could you nerds keep it down! It's early. And I haven't had my Apple blood yet." Eda grunted and left the room.

"Geez! Girls are so dramatic." King mumbled before leaving with Eda.

"Now that's over with, I just have to fix this up a bit more and I'm ready to face society again." You stroked your freshly cut hair. It was still a bit asymmetrical at this point.

"How the heck did Mulan do it with just one slice with a sword!" You wondered.

"Don't take too long though. We still have to go to school." Luz reminded.

"Don't you remember? It's Palismen day!" She bounced in excitement.

"Oh right I almost forgot. I can't wait for us to get our staffs!" You gasped.

You fixed and styled your hair and made sure you looked fabulous. Or at least socially acceptable.

(You could imagine your hair anyway you want. Go crazy.)

Once finished, you packed your stuff and headed to Hexside with Luz and Eda. Apparently, Eda was going to help host today's Palismen adoption event.

As you approached the school grounds you spot Gus and Willow from afar.

"Gus! Willow!" Luz called before running to her besties.

You were left behind walking as she got ahead of you.

"Oh hey Y/N~." Emira greeted as sweetly as ever. She approached from behind and walked beside you.

"Good morning Em." You smiled. "You too Ed." You waved at him as he was just catching up.

"Mornin'!" He greeted back, walking alongside you as well.

You are basically sandwiched between two Blights right now.

"And might I say I'm lovin' the new look." Edric complimented.

"Yeah the hair kinda makes you look badass." Emira added.

"Aww thank you... I did it myself." You stated, blushing a bit from all the compliments.

"But I do have to ask..." Emira gave you a smug look. "Who's the little heartbreaker?"