6: The Obssession

"Eda I'm back!" You call out as you enter the Owl House.

"Oh great you're still in one piece." Eda greeted.

"So did you get them?" She asked.

"Sure did." You smile and show her the pouch of berries.

"It's late. I better get home before my mom notices I'm gone." You tell her.

"Ok let me just open the portal for you." She takes out the key from her hair and opens the portal home.

"Thanks. But before I go I have questions... about the Golden Guard?" You say anxiously.

"Do you know anything about him?" You continue.

"Nothing that I haven't told you already." She shrugs.

"Right hand man of the Emperor, Head of the Guards, Teenage prodigy." She enumerates.

"Teenage prodigy?" This peaks your attention.

"I know, it's ridiculous! When I was at that age I had better skill but all I was ever called was a nuisance." Eda testified

"What? No. What I meant was, the golden guard is the same age as me and Luz?." You asked to confirm what you just heard.

"Probably." She shrugged.

"But what's this obsession of yours with that Golden chump?
You've been asking about him since your first day here." She asked in a slightly annoyed tone.

"Uh, cause' I was kidnapped?" You answered.

"Besides, something's off about him." You added.

"Well whatever it is, figure it out when you get home. Your portal's getting cold." She gestured at the portal.

"Oh right!" You snap back to reality.

You dash through the portal and run to your house.

As usual, you climb through your window into your room.

You dive into your bed and sigh.

(It has been weeks since you were arrested by the Emperor's coven. But you are still speculating about your suspiciously smooth escape.)

"What're you hiding Golden bastard?" You mutter, trying to figure him out.

"So he's a teenager huh? No wonder he's so scrawny." You shrug.

You space out completely, only thinking of him at this point.

You get flashbacks of what happened earlier in the forest.

"His ears blush when he's angry." You chuckle.

You find this trait really adorable but you're in denial.

"No! He's stubborn and annoying and I hate him." You argue with yourself.

You felt weird. Your cheeks felt a bit warm. And your stomach was squirming with anxiety.

"Aaaaaghhhh what is this?" You groan and roll to the other side of bed.

"Stop it self! He kidnapped you and threatened to turn you to ash." You squish your face.

"You haven't even seen his face and why is he even hiding it anyway?" You wondered.

"Ahah! Maybe he looks incredibly hideous." You exclaim.

You sit up and let out a huge sigh.

"Why would he help me though?"

You lay back down in bed and drift off to sleep.