37: Any Sport in a Storm: Part III

⏪Previously⏪:

"Go home, don't wait for me. I'll get them back." Hunter boarded his staff and looked back at you one last time.

"I promise."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

You refused to go home. A heart-retching feeling crept up your chest at the idea of just standing around. You thought how useless you'd be to just wait.

You heard what Hunter said but hey, since when did you ever listen to him? You went after him and your friends.

You knew you couldn't fly properly but you had to try. If he gets in trouble, you won't forgive yourself. You'll be to blame. It'll be all your fault. Those thoughts ran circles non-stop in your head.

You feel your heart pound inside your chest while cold sweat moistened your brows and hands. Finally, you spot the airship. The cold air seemed to pierce your skin as you flew faster and faster, desperately trying to catch up. Just then, the airship plummeted to the ground and your heart sank with it. You speed up, wishing, hoping they were all right.

You arrive at the crash site by the bay. The airship crashed just between the waters and the shores, the boiling waves brushing against the sand.

You see your friends running away from the crash site only to be trapped by a giant abomination.

"Did you really think you could get away with endangering a coven head?" Darius rose from the green flames of the demolished ship with eyes blazing with anger as hot as the fire behind him.

"Do you have any idea what I'm capable of?!" He growled, using abomination magic to replace his hand into a scythe made with abomination goo.

Willow did the best of her abilities to protect the team but Darius just tore through all the vines she had grown that was meant to shield them from his attacks.

Darius raised his scythe arm, preparing to attack Willow and the others.

"No!" You swiftly summoned your musical instrument and ran towards them.

You conjured a shield, and slid in front of the team.

"Stop!" You shouted, standing face to face with a fearsome coven official. You knew what he was capable of. You've seen what he can do when he hunted down the "BATS" in the forest. He took Raine and he'll take your friends next.

"(Y/N)" Willow gasped in surprise.

"Run!" You yell.

For a second, Darius' eyes widen upon seeing you.

'He recognizes me!' You softly gasp. You felt a chilling fear wrap your head.

He shoots a sharp glare at you before raising his scythe again. "You should have run when you had the chance." He scowled.

He hits your shield only for it to shatter and dissipate into thin air.

Without anything to protect you or your friends, you start to panic.

You failed.

You're not strong enough, you thought.

He then raises his scythe arm, preparing to attack. You brace yourself for the attack while you try to shield the others behind you. But then, Hunter suddenly rushes forward and puts himself between Darius and the five of you.

"WAIT!" He cries out.

"Out of my way, little prince." Darius sternly demanded.

"No! I was mistaken. They are insolent agitators who aren't fit for the Emperor's Coven."