26: Trust

It was cold and dull in the conformatorium.

Kikimora brought you in the castle against your will and the guards had just locked you up.

They took your violin and your Penstagram, the only contact you have outside.

"Ugh! Not again." You groan. Your legs tucked in.

"Tell me about it." Someone complained from the other cell.

It sounded like Katya?

'Huh?' You stand up and take a look.

You see the BATS are behind bars as well.

"Oh no...They got you too?" You frown

"We were ambushed. Katya sighed.

"And thrown here to rot!" Amber shouted.

"Nobody's gonna rot, Amber!"

"Yet." Derwin added.

"Ugh!" You groan as you rest your back against the wall.

"So much for defeating the Emperor..." You sigh.

"Where is she?!" Someone shouts from outside the cell.

It was a very familiar screaming voice. Very whiney and authoritative.

"Sir Kikimora gave us orders not to let you in the conformatorium." A coven guard responded.

"I am your superior! Her orders don't apply to me." Hunter dictated as he forcefully opened the doors to the conformatorium.

'Oh boy here he comes...' You thought, knowing very well that he's pissed.

Not only did you not listen to his warning but you also trapped him in his own cloak.

He angrily marched his way to you, looking a bit red in the face.

"Why? Just why is it so hard for you to follow simple instructions?!" He nagged.

"I told you very clearly about the situation! But did you listen? Nooo! Of course not!" He shot as he paced back and forth in front of your cell.

"You know it's bad enough that I'm in jail. Do you really have to lecture me like this?" You complain and roll your eyes at him.

"Well it's your own doing!" He scoffed.

"I know!"

"It's my fault."

"You shouldn't bother yourself with the mess I got myself into." You frown and look away.

"Yes of course!" Hunter declared

"This is all your fault." He chuckled.

"I shouldn't feel the need to help you. I shouldn't feel guilty hahah. I have no part in this." He rambled as he frantically walked back and forth again.

'Do I?' He thought. Hunter felt guilty somehow. Like this was all his fault.

"You know, you look like you need more help than I do." You say with a concerned tone.

He looked troubled.

"You should be more concerned with yourself." He shot a look at you as he grabbed the bars of your cell.

"Well hello there Golden Guard." A shrill voice greeted.

It was Kikimora, looking satisfied with herself. She caught you after all and in just one try.

"I see you've met my latest accomplishment." She chuckled.

"I have just returned from the presence of the Emperor and he is pleased with me. Can you believe that?." She squealed a little.