33: Follies at the Coven Day Parade (Part II)

Previously on Dis-

______________________________________

⏮️Previously ⏮️

"Wha-" before you could react, you feel something tight wrap around your torso.

Your staff falls from your hands as magical ropes kept your arms restricted.

"Sorry human but you're coming with us tonight." Hunter scowled.

______________________________________

'That voice.' You glared at him.

It wasn't Hunter.

A small cloud poofed as the illusion dispelled, revealing a scout in a gray uniform.

'An illusion?' You quietly gasped.

"Sorry, little lady but kidnapping the Golden Guard is against the law." The scout said in an intimidating voice as he aimed a spell circle at you.

"Wha- That's ridiculous. You guys literally kidnap people all the time!" You argued.

"Yeah Carl, isn't the law a little bit confusing?" A scout queried.

"Severine... you're making me look uncool in front of the human rebel." Carl whined.

"Sorry, I was just asking..." Severine sadly backed away with the crowd of scouts.

"Now." The scout cleared his throat.

"As I was saying, you should think twice before trying to rebel against our emperor." Carl let out an evil cackle. "I'll be taking you back-

"Didn't you mean "We?" This is a group effort." Severine interrupted to correct Carl.

"And why do you get all the dialogue and we don't?!" A different scout questioned angrily.

"Yeah, I wanna be intimidating too!" Another complained. "o-Only if you guys let me..." They stammered.

"Ugh! Guys, we talked about this. I get to be the intimidating one and you guys are the sidekicks." Carl scolded.

"Boo! Lame!" A scout at the back heckled.

"We had a script! You didn't question the script-" Carl rubbed the temples of his supposed forehead which was covered by a gray mask.

"Girls, girls, you're all pretty. Can I go home now?" You smiled sarcastically.

"Be quiet human! You shall pa- you know what the mood's dead." Carl gave an exasperated sigh.

"We're just following Terra's orders." The scout bluntly stated.

"t-Terra?" Your voice slightly shook out of panic.

"Terra Snapdragon. The head of the plant coven." A scout clarified.

"Yeah, big green hair, yey high, with the color scheme of an eggplant?" Another scout added.

You feel your heart drop just as a memory flashes in your head.

You opened a door and see her pale face and big green hair.

Only pieces of memories seemed to pop up in your brain.

The dark room, the eerie whispers, the sharp pain in your stomach.

It was all her doing.

She tried to kill you.

"t-That witch is evil! Why would you listen to her!" You panicked.

"I know right?" A scout replied. "Honestly, she's kinda my type.

"Eww... Stop being weird." Their fellow guard cringed.