32: Follies at the Coven Day Parade (Part I)

The sound of your footsteps echoed as a woman with big silver hair lead you walking through the hallway of the Emperor's castle.

You're now in a dark room. The only visible thing is an elegant table. You are seated before it.

A woman stood beside you, her hand placed on your shoulder.

She looked familiar but is a complete stranger to you. She felt close to your heart yet distant. Shadows from the room covered her features.

"Now, sprout. Help yourself to some tea while you wait." The woman smiled as she tucked your stray hair behind your ear.

You pick up the teapot and tipped it over a cup.

A thick red liquid poured out of the pot.

'i-Is that blood?!' You gasp

You drop the teapot and it shatters on the ground.

Now the golden carpets are stained with deep crimson.

You turn around and see giant spiked vines rising behind her, your mother, as her eyes glowed bright white.
"What's wrong, dear?" She whispered.

"(Y/N)!"

"Hey, (Y/N)!"

"Huh?" You jump a little in surprise, almost dropping your potions textbooks.

"Hey (Y/N) are you alright?" Emira asked as she walked beside you.

"You're zoning out again dude," Edric remarked.

"Oh- uh- I'm sorry." You stuttered.

"I didn't get much sleep last night." You forced a chuckle.

Ed and Em looked at each other quietly with a worried look.

"Hey (Y/N), if you ever wanna talk about anything, don't hesitate to reach out ok?" Emira gave you a sweet smile.

"Is someone bothering you?" Edric asked in a genuinely concerned manner.

"I have explosives for that. And not to brag but I personally crafted them.~" Edric proudly proclaimed.

"Ow! What?!" Ed complained after Em punched him on the shoulder.

It made you laugh a little.

"Thanks, guys. But I'm totally fine." You assured.

"But I will let you know when I need those explosives, Ed" You joked, giving him some finger guns for good measure.

The good man playfully returns the finger guns.

Classes have ended and you're on your way to meet up with Luz.

The twins dropped you off at Hexside's front entrance where Luz, Willow, and Gus were chilling on a flight of stairs.

As soon as they left, the smile plastered on your face faded almost instantly. 'Dang it (Y/N), you're bumming them out again...' You groaned.

As you stand there from afar, you see Gus and Willow cheerfully talking to each other.

Luz, on the other hand, was fixated on her phone.

You take a deep breath and painted a smile on your face once again.

"Hey, guys, what's up?" You sang as you approached the group.

"Oh (Y/N), perfect timing!" Gus cheered. "We were just talking about the Emperor. You've seen him before, what's he like?" He asked.

"The Emperor?" The question caught you off guard.