11: Flowering Friendship?

⏪Previously⏪

"Oh no. You are not touching my staff! Not again!" He demanded.

"Not if I get to it first!" You shout before quickly sprinting away.

"H-hey stop!" He followed.
______________________________________

Both of you ran into the woods. You dashed and jumped as you searched for Hunter's staff while he followed trying to prevent you from getting your hands on it. You ran aimlessly around the forest not expecting to find his staff at all. But you gotta admit, you low key liked being chased by him. However, after a while, you spot a red glow from a distance. What luck, that must be Hunter's staff.

'Jackpot!' You gasped and sprinted even faster.

Hunter was still tailing you but you've got an idea.

You accelerated as fast as you can and hid behind some trees and climbed up the highest branch. You see him turn his head left and right trying to find you. But he runs in the opposite direction.

You search for the red glow again from where you initially saw it and jumped off the tree once the coast was clear.

You ran to the direction and picked it up from the ground. "Unlimited power here in my hands!" You let out an evil chuckle and waved the staff around.

"Are you crazy? Stop messing around with that thing!" Hunter wheezed, finally able to catch up.

"Not until you teach me a spell." You appealed.

"N o. Now give it back." He whined, trying to cautiously grab his staff back from you.

"Just one spell and I'll give it back right away. Please?" You pleaded.

"N- You-" Hunter struggled to deny your request at the sight of your doe eyes. "F-Fine. One spell. And no fooling around!" He grumbled.

"Yey~" You giggled.

'cute.' Hunter felt a little flutter in his chest seeing you gleefully skipping back to the your hangout spot. But it wasn't much for him to notice so he just brushed it off.

"Ok what should we do first?" You slightly jumped in excitement.

"Well. We could try and do a simple light spell I guess? No! It's too bright out." He mumbled and paced around on the grass. "Hah I got it! What about a levitation spell. You've done it before so just try it again as a warm up. Just not on me this time." He remarked.

"Got it!" You raised the staff.

"Wait." Hunter halted you midcast. "Your stance is off." He commented and raised your arms a bit and pushed your shoulders down. "Your upper body is too tense. Just relax." He said before repositioning your legs to improve your balance. All the touching made you feel flustered but you tried to keep your cool.

"That's good enough. Now you should start by..." He looks around and pointed at a mossy old log. "...making that log float in mid air."

"Heh that's easy." You grin. You sway the staff but nothing happens.

Hunter clicked his tongue. "You're doing it wrong. You should make a circle to cast a spell. Try it again."

"Ok." You responded and drew a circle in the air, aiming at the log. But once again, nothing.

'What the hell this is embarrassing.' You aggressively made circles, desperate to make this right.

"Well well well~, didn't you just say this was easy?" He teased

"Ugh! I'm doing my best ok?!" You snapped, feeling embarrassed. With this gesture, the log suddenly moved in a slight twitching manner.

"Woah did you just- do it again!" Hunter gasped.