23: The Bad but Sad Boy

It was a bright and sunny day in the boiling isles.

The Owl House was filled with laughter.

However, it wasn't exactly a good kind of laughter.

Since the incident in Latissa, everyone there has found a new form of amusement.

And that happens to be bullying the Golden Guard.

"He was a bad but sad boy~." Luz snickered.

"You're telling me that the emperor's right hand man is a beat-up blonde whose voice still cracks?! HAH!" Eda snorted. "I've always questioned the Emperor's judgement but this?!" She continued to laugh as she mocked the Golden Guard.

Everyone was just laughing their butts off at this point.

"And and get this..." Luz wheezed. "His name was Hunter."

"Hunter?! BaHAHAHAHAHa" Eda guffawed.

"What because he HuNtS palismen?" King cackled so hard thet he was basically rolling on the floor.

And you were just sitting there quietly in the corner of the couch as they mercilessly roasted your crush.

'These people are brutal.' You thought as a drop of sweat rolled down from your brow. You were nervous that you might be the next conversation piece.

"I don't think I've ever laughed this hard since I've heard about people who actually obey the law." Eda chuckled, wiping a tear from her eye.

"How'd you even get his name?" She asked Luz.

"Oh right! About that, Y/N was the one who mentioned his name. I think they might have known each other." Luz explained.

Just as these words left her mouth, the room went silent and all eyes were on you. Including Hooty's.

"Oh boy..." You sighed.

"HAH! busted!!" King blustered and pointed at you.

"So Y/N it has come to this." Eda stood up. "You're keeping secrets from me." She said in a serious voice.

You gulp in fear as she approached you.

"Now tell me this..." She paused for a moment.

"Have you managed to rob the guy yet?" Eda's voice turned into a more cheery one this time.

"w-What?" You were confused.

"I can understand that you wanted to keep this all to yourself. I mean this guy must be loaded and you want it all. I'm proud of you for that." Eda praised."

"So did you or did you not manage to get his wallet?" Eda asked with enthusiasm. She's straight up serious right now.

"Eda I don't think that's the case." Luz interjected. "I think their friends." She added.

"Friends? Hah! Don't kid yourself Luz." Eda negated Luz's theory.

"Y/N can't be friends with-" Eda looked at you.

It was clearly painted on your face that Luz was right.

"wha- w- w- w-wait. Eda stuttered. "You're serious right now?" She asked.

"Perhaps......" You forced a smile as you touched both of your fingers together.

Eda was confused.

While she was processing what she had just heard, Luz leaped in the air and landed right beside you. She started mercilessly bombarding you with questions like a fully loaded AK-47.