9 : Grom

It's finally Grom day. You're currently in the owl house preparing for a peculiar but special night. You're facing the mirror, scanning your attire for any detail that might need fixing.

'Everything needs to be perfect.' You thought.

The hair, the coat, the shoes, all of it. Partly because you're a perfectionist and somewhat secretly self-conscious of your appearance.

Not because you're unattractive In fact, you look amazing.

It just bothered you that the people who are supposedly close to you never told you so.

Especially your mom. She always found something wrong, something lacking. Unknowingly, this sunk in to your subconscious and so you developed the habit of nitpicking yourself and your work.

You shook your head at the thought and tried to recall the events for the past few days instead.

Luz has been training for the past few days. Seeing her performance, you finally trust that she can handle this fight.

Three kids came to the house and offered to train her. One of them is Amity.

While watching them interact, you notice something off about the girl with ocean green hair. She acts a bit odd with Luz. You knew something was going on between them but you just let them figure it out on their own. Luz can't be that oblivious you thought.

The other two had dark green hair and were honestly kinda cute.

While you were lost in thought Eda calls from downstairs.

You let out a sigh before running down and out of the Owl House to meet Eda and Luz who just also finished dressing up.

"There you are. It took you guys so long to get ready I thought we'll never get there." Eda complained.

"Sorry, I'm just anxious about all this." You say while fiddling with your fingers.

"Don't worry, if someone's gonna get eaten tonight it's going to be Luz." Eda teased.

"EDAAA not helping!" Luz whined, also feeling very anxious.

The three of you fly off to Hexside. Fashionable and prepared for battle.

_____________________________________

Hunter's POV

You arrive at the entrance of Hexside wearing a fancy white suit with gold accents. The Emperor's coven made sure to provide you the finest disguise for your mission. But really, the whole look just made you stand out which defeats the whole purpose of "blending in".

You look around trying to observe the area.

'So this is what a school looks like.' You thought. Bewildered by the unfamiliar environment. You never went to a school after all.

"Ok I'm going undercover in a place I haven't been to, with complete strangers staring at me." You muttered and chuckled nervously.

'But seriously why are they staring?!' You wondered.

"Nevermind!" You shake your head, took a deep breath and walked through the entrance.

You followed a river of students on their way to the party.

"This must be the place." You whisper.

There were balloons, colored lights, while music blended with the chatter with what seems like hundreds of young witches.

"This looks unfortunate." You murmured, silently judging their fashion choices.

You immediately scan the room for any sign of the Owl Lady. But instead, you find a familiar face amongst the crowd. Your once poker face lit up. "Wait, is that who I think it is?" You chuckle.