39: Seek and You Shall Find

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

You and Hunter showed the offender no mercy. You fought side by side, having each other's back in combat.

Setting the argument earlier aside, the two of you worked well as a team, something that the scout did not expect. In fear, he ran in hopes that he still might carry through with his plan to expose the Golden Guard.

Realizing that this will put Hunter in trouble, you chase the scout in panic.

He called for your name but you didn't answer. It was like your mind was fogged. Irrationality took over.

Your mind was focused on one thing and that's to make sure that you get your hands on that scout. Without hesitation, you cast one of your strongest capturing spells.

That was all you remember before everything went dark.

"Y/N?!"

"h-Hey wake up!"

A muffled voice echoed.

You open your eyes to blurry vision, slowly focusing to reveal Hunter's worried expression.

"Y/N! c-Can you move? Are you hurting anywhere?" He frantically asked in a panicked tone.

He cradled your head as you lay on the ground. Your head spun, you felt tired and your hands felt sore yet you forced yourself to sit up.

"Where is he? Did he get away?!" You panicked.

"What are you talking about?"

"The scout? The video!? He's going to get you in trouble!" You faltered.

"Y/N, you summoned a legion of oracle spirits outta the ground then blacked out and that's what you're concerned about?!" Hunter scoffed in disbelief.

"What was that even?!"

You quickly stand. "Hunter we gotta get him..."

'ah biscuits, I stood up too quickly.' You thought as your vision started to go dark again. It was because of natural reasons this time.

"Wha- hey! Hunter quickly catches you.

"Thanks." You peeped.

"Can you please just stay still for just a moment?!" He exasperated.

He let out a heavy sigh. "The scout is apprehended ok?"

You were too stunned to speak. Or was it because your head was still tingly from standing up too fast?

"Are you ok?" Hunter worriedly asked. Your lack of response concerned him.

"I'm fine... it's just a totally normal oracle spell." You fixed yourself up and dusted your clothes.

"Y/N, I'm not stupid. I've read enough about oracle magic to know what's normal and what's screwed up."

"Well, maybe you're just wrong." You debated.

"Oh yeah? Show me your hands." He ordered.

You were caught off guard.

"...no."

Hunter approached you and grabbed your hand. You tried to push him off with the other but he held that too.

"Just let me see!"

"No!"

Both of you bantered as you struggled to escape and he tried to remove a glove from your hand. It's just that he had to hold on one after the other because you keep swatting him away.