41: Hollow Mind

A/N:

I've dreaded this moment but here we are.

Please enjoy some pain.

❗T.W: Blood and Strong Language❗

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

⏪Previously⏪:

You wake up, laying on a cold floor.

Your body freezes knowing where you are.

"The Emperor's mind."

. . . . .

You stood up, trying to navigate the dark carpeted hallway. The seemingly never ending room was adorned with paintings framed with gold, hanging on the walls.

You see Luz laying on the floor, still unconscious, so you run to her and shake her awake.

"Luz! Luz, wake up!"

"Wha- Y/N?!" Luz gasped as she slowly opened her eyes. "What are you doing here?" She sluggishly spoke, still half-asleep.

"Y/N!?" You heard hunter's shocked tone from behind you. "You were helping the criminals?!" He sounded pissed beyond pissed but that was the least of your problems right now. You had to escape this place and fast.

You feared of what might happen, greater fear knowing that you don't have anything to protect anyone with.

"What is this place?" Luz asked.

"You know exactly where we are, human!"

"You got us trapped in the Emperor's mind!" Hunter growled furiously at Luz.

"We're in the Emperor's mind? That's bananas!" Luz exclaimed.

"I don't know what those are, and I don't care too. Remember what happened at the Night Market?" He sneered.

"Well, If I remember correctly, you were the one who spilled the teleportation potion." You pointed out.

"That's not the point!" The boy turned red in anger "Besides, what were you doing helping those- those villains?!"

"Hunter, stop freaking out! I'm already freaked out enough. We need to get out of here as soon as possible before anything bad goes down." You exasperated, rubbing the temples of your head.

"I have the choice to freak out and I will do so accordingly! On top of that, you haven't returned any of my messages and after w-wha-" Hunter stammered.

"-days I found out that you're some kind of terrorist now?." He proceeded to freak out even more.

"What? Am I not allowed to have a personal life?" You sassed, leaving Hunter looking at you, speechless in disbelief.

"I'd hate to interrupt thisss...-" Luz gestured her hand in a circular motion, squinting in confusion.

"But now that we're here...Y/N!." Luz called. " We can finally prove that Belos is evil and Hunter can help out." she gasped.

"You want to prove that my uncle is evil? And you thought I would help? Hunter laughed in ridicule.

"Well, now that I'm in his mind, I can learn the truth for myself." She scoffed but turned her head as she noticed something peculiar. "Weird though. I've been in Willow's mind once, and it had more, uh, trees."

"Eh, makes sense. Mind Scapes reflect the individual. I've read a lot about this subject." He gloated.

Then, Hunter suddenly notices a painting and gasps before walking toward it.