38: "Drifting Apart"

(F/c) = Favorite color

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"And this week's crime reports, finally done!" Hunter put down his quill back in the bottle of ink and proceeded to stretch his arms.

It was early in the morning when he had just finished his part of the paperwork. It came with his job as a member of the Emperor's coven. Only titan knows if he actually finished the work early or just traded his sleep for it.

"That's honestly way too many Arson cases in 7 days. don't you think so, Flapjack?" He looked at the red cardinal and it chirped in response.

"Fair point." He nodded in agreement.

He looked at the clock on his messy work desk.

"Huh, I just have enough time to get prepared."

You and Hunter are going to a forest in the Titan's Hand to scavenge for ingredients. You didn't say exactly what it was for but Hunter insisted on helping. You and Hunter agreed to meet at the cliff near Hexside before you head off to the Hand.

Hunter opened his closet and took out the best clothes he had. It was his Golden Guard uniform.

He could feel flapjack staring at him judgingly in the corner of his eye.

"What? It's a classic." He chuckled. In his defense, it was the only decent thing
in his wardrobe.

He wore his uniform and proudly strutted out of his room.

He hummed as he walked through the carpeted halls of the Emperor's castle. He just so happened to pass by Darius' office. Hunter saw Darius as man of class and sure knows how to dress to impress. Flapjack's judgment suddenly came into Hunter's mind. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to ask.

"Darius!" Hunter called.

"Ugh. Good Morning, Little Prince." He greeted Hunter in a grumble.

"What is it this time?" Darius groaned. His desk was filled with what seems to be paperwork and more stacks of files were carried by a scout beside him.

"How do I look?" Hunter asked as he flicked his cape for extra flair like the dramatic kid that he is.

"Yes, yes, good. Very scary and authoritative." Darius answered, barely paying attention.

"Scary? and what-? Well, it is the Golden Guard uniform..." He mumbled. He started to question his outfit. 'I can't go with Y/N looking like that.' Hunter thought to himself.

"I'm going to a forest to scavenge ingredients with a friend and I want to look like- well... not the things you just said. Maybe something more approachable and says: I won't put you in jail today.", He explained.

"So you're going berry picking in the forest. No one cares what you wear. You're fine."

"Now kindly leave me alone. I'm busy." He dismissed the boy.

"Now, why are these not alphabetized?!" Darius grumbled inaudibly as he flipped through the pages of two files at once.

"Fineee..." Hunter whined as he turned to the door.

As he was about to exit the room Darius stops him. "...Wait.'

"You're not going with just a friend, are you?" He asked, raising his eyebrow in suspicion.

"What n- No" Hunter stuttered nervously as he touched the tips of his fingers together, blushing under his mask.

"Sir, I believe he is lying." The scout commented.