13: Heartaches Part II

⏪Previously⏪:

"What are you doing?" He asked nervously.

Your faces are inches apart, softly lit by the flickering fire from the torches.

"This."

"Distraction spell!" You shout, proceeding to throw a bottle to the floor shattering it which released a huge cloud of blinding smoke.

______________________________________

Y/N' POV
______________________________________

"Oh gosh I can't believe that worked!" You puffed while running back to Eda's cell.

'I hope he forgives me after this.'

'Should I have just went with the ki-- no no no no no Y/N focus!' You rambled with yourself until you suddenly hit something.

"Owww!" You whined as you fell hard in the ground.

"Y/N You're ok! Well sorta..." It was Luz, now sitting on the floor as well after the collision.

"Luz! Thank goodness it's you. You stand up from the fall and see Lilith?

You! Why is she- Why are you? You stammered, gesturing at Lilith.

It's a long story but she's helping us now. She'll lead us to Eda. Luz explained.

"What do you mean? Where's Eda?" You eagerly asked.

"They took her! We need to stop the petrification ceremony." Luz exclaimed with tears trying to escape her eyes.

"Let's hurry then." You asserted.

Both of you were lead by Lilith.

You stop at a very cluttered room, filled with vines, tall statues, and cracked walls. It was a dark and heinous place. It made you wonder even more why people would join such a horrible coven.

"You can take this up to the stage where they're holding Edalyn." Lilith instructs.

She says she'll be staying in the Coven but promised that nothing like this would ever happen again.

It was awfully quite. Something was off.

"Why aren't there any guards?" Luz asked.

Immediately after, vines took King and Lilith. They were brought to the petrification ceremony immediately after.

"No!" Luz yelled but tripped as vines grabbed her legs.

Red vines also managed to creep up to your body, apprehending you.

"w-What's happening?" You stuttered with fear.

And just like that you are met face to face with the Emperor himself.

"Luz the human." The emperor greeted in a low monotonous manner.

"And Y/N I see you've escaped..."

"again." His voice thundered this time.

"I believe the Golden Guard isn't performing his duties well." He sneered as if implying that you and Hunter were accomplices.

You gulp knowing that Hunter might receive the toll for your freedom.

"Well I'll let you know that I gave that guard of yours a hard time. You should give him credit for even lasting 2 minutes with me." You mocked.

You wanted to make the Emperor believe that you escaped without any help from Hunter.

"Y/N you were caught?!" Luz whispered

"Yeah. " You whispered.

"But if only the Golden Guard wasn't such a good... Uh... Guard? He wouldn't have caught me then." You state loudly.