36: Any Sport in A Storm: Part II

You spent not a second longer and flew to town with your Palisman staff. Your flying was far from graceful as you were still struggling to battle your acrophobia. But it did the job to get you where you were headed in one piece.

With what you saw online and the fact that Luz wasn't home yet at such a late hour, you concluded that she was one of the abducted students at Hexside.

"I knew this day would come, but I am nowhere near prepared for this scenario." You grumbled.

You've always thought you might have to bust Luz out of prison one day but it still baffles you that it's a possibility.

"I was absent-" You huffed.

"-for one day! Gone for literally a day!"

"And I miss a butt ton of storyline." You complained as you stomped your way into an Emperor's coven precinct.
You tried your best to avoid the guards at the entrance.

After all, you couldn't help with your friend/sister's escape if you were captured.

Thankfully, you picked up a thing or two from Luz's lessons. In fact, you've already had several invisibility glyphs prepared. Still, it's quite odd for someone to casually have a couple dozen of those glyphs in their bag.

You inhaled as much air as your lungs could hold and placed one against your chest. It instantly activates and you're now out of sight.

You carefully sneak in the main doors of the building which is unusually lacking in security.

You knock on the door. A coven scout opens it but sees no one outside. You take this chance to slip inside just before the scout closes the door again.

.  .  .  .  .

"Ugh, the kids are at it again with the pranks." The scout groaned complacently.

He was holding an ice pack against his head.

"Kids these days have no respect for the Emperor's coven and I honestly can't blame them." The scout shrugged.

'That voice... It's Steve.' You thought to yourself.

Poor Steve. His mask was dented with a punch mark and was barely hanging on his face. The guy is not paid enough for this.

You turned your head and there he was. It was Hunter, standing in front of the cell where the abducted Hexside students are being held.

You analyzed the situation. Steve is not in his best state right now so he won't be a problem. If a fight will commence that is. He is physically incapable of combat at the moment.

But with Hunter around, busting the kids out might be a struggle. You'll have to cause a distraction and you have to be quick. If you hold your breath any longer than a minute you'd pass out.

You'll need an intricate, clever, well-thought plan.

You see an oil lamp just hanging beside the entrance door.

A "genius" idea pops up in your head.

'boop' You push it off its vessel and it falls on the floor. The glass breaks and the oil spills all over causing the fire to spread.

"What the- Fire!!" Steve exclaimed.

This grabs Hunter's attention so he walks over to Steve to help him put it out.

"Steve, what did you do?!"

"It wasn't me, I swear."

The flames startled everyone in the room and at that moment you only had a few seconds before you were out of oxygen.