27: Love Sick

I'm not apologizing for my poor/cheesy title choices!
Also, Steve is apparently a 'he'. (It's just that I used They/Them pronouns on him last time because of uncertainty.)

______________

Loud marching can be heard in the halls of the emperor's castle. At least a dozen scouts are lined up, saluted before their superior, the Golden Guard. The warm sunlight leaked through the windows of the often-dark hallway. It was early. In fact, some might say it was way too early.

"Attention troops!" The Golden Guard called in a stern voice.

He was in full uniform, including his infamous Golden mask.

The scouts stomped their right leg as a response.

"I have gathered you all today for a very important mission." He discussed.

The guards murmured and chattered, wondering what their mission would be of what importance is it for them to be summoned on a weekend morning?

Steve just groaned as he watched his superior make such poor decisions.

Hunter approached a door to one of the rooms in the hallway. He held the knob and shot a look dramatically over his shoulder.

"Everyone, prepare yourselves." He scowled.

Then, he opened the door to your room.

"Y/N is dying and I need your help!" He said in a panicked tone as he pointed both his hand in your direction.

"Chu!" You softly sneezed. You were lying in bed with a thick blanket covering your body.

"Sir I told you, she's not dying, it's just the common mold..." Steve facepalmed and gave an exasperated sigh.

"You don't know that!" Hunter argued.

"You called all of us here on a weekend just for this? One of the scouts complained.

"Just for this?!" He scoffed. "This is a matter of life and death!" Hunter dramatically asserted.

"As your superior, and Y/N's official boyfriend for the last 15 hours, I want your help to nurse her back to health and make sure she does not die!" Hunter demanded.

"And also prove that I'm the best boyfriend ever." He muttered under his breath.

"Again, not dying..." Steve sighed, completely and utterly done with everything.

The scouts sighed and murmured complaints but they couldn't say no to their superior.

"So, does anyone know how to deal with this sort of predicament?" Hunter demanded answers.

The scouts went quiet for a moment, thinking of things to suggest.

"My mom always served hot soup when I was sick." One raised their hand.

"More blankets!" Another shouted

"Crystal ball and Chill?" Another scout added.

"Hmm... all of those are good ideas." Hunter put his hand on his chin in a thinking position.

He decided to divide the scouts into groups.

"You! prepare the soup in the kitchen."

"And you, fetch more blankets."

The scouts ran off to accomplish their tasks just as Hunter ordered. Only Steve was left.

"And Steve! lend me your crystal ball." Hunter pointed at the last scout left.