10: Melancholic Melodies

A couple of weeks have passed since Grom Night.

It's a pleasant day in the human realm. It was sunny but the breeze was cool and soft. It was Perfect.

You are looking outside of your bedroom window, excited about what the day will bring. You're in cloud nine for you'll be meeting Hunter to hang out.

You're currently preparing your stuff and putting them in your bag.

Since the dance, both of you have frequently been meeting in a certain spot in the Boiling Isles to read books and talk about your worlds. Nevertheless, each one still made you feel giddy.

You checked if you had packed enough stuff in your bag. "Ok, do I have everything I need...?" You mumble.

"Oh, of course, snacks!" You exclaimed before running downstairs to the kitchen.

You open the fridge and took out a box of desserts you made especially for this day. You open the box to check the state of the sweets. It was a dozen pieces of lemon bars, dusted with white powdered sugar, and a pop of magenta from the drizzle of raspberry sauce.

You narrow your eyes at the desserts 'Huh... these weirdly remind me of something?' You thought.

'Oh well.' You shrugged.

You neatly put the box of delicacies in your bag and walked towards the front door to leave. But as your finger barely touched the doorknob, your mom calls you. "Where do you think you're going Y/N? Fencing was canceled today wasn't it?" She interrogated.

You were not prepared with an excuse so you tried to think of something on the spot."Oh um... Reading? Yes, I'm going out to read... Uh... stuff." You answer, trying to sound convincing.

You raise an eyebrow, looking unconvinced with your answer.

"I'll be checking out some books about the history and origins of things. It's for research I'm working on." You add and chuckle awkwardly, desperately hoping she would let you go out.

"I see. Well, just be sure you're home before supper." She reminded before turning around to leave.

You could finally breathe, relieved with your mom's answer so you happily opened the door of your house to enter another that lead to a different world.

You finally arrive at the secret spot where you and Hunter hung out. At the edge of a Forest, just nearby Hexside was a cliff covered with grass and wildflowers. It was a place of solitude where the wind was free to dance and no sound can be heard except the rare chirping of birds. Not to mention, the view from there was breathtaking.

You sat down on the soft grass waiting for Hunter to arrive.

'Huh, he's usually early.' You thought.

You looked at the sky while patiently waiting for your friend. You found the setting quite delightful. It was as if you were filled with inspiration.

"This is nice." You sighed with your eyes closed.

Your sigh turned into humming, then you broke into song.

(I recommend listening to "Two Birds" by Regina Spektor before reading this :> or while reading your choice.)

🎶Two birds on a wire~~

One tries to fly away, and the other~ 🎶

______________________________________

Meanwhile in the Emperor's Coven

3rd Person POV

_______________________________________

Hunter knelt before the angry emperor. "Trust me uncle, my acquaintance with the human is merely a tactic to capture the owl lady."