25: A Bard's Charm

You are chilling in the Owl house, practicing the violin. Bard magic is the only way you can actually perform spells at will.

Sad to say, you were still quite rusty and it frustrated you very much.

"Aww man I've been playing this for hours but I still can't cast this spell." You whine.

You were experimenting with a variety of spells. Fire, ice, plant spells, you name it, trying to cast them using bard magic.

"Any progress on that kid?" Eda asked. She was sitting on the couch, checking a list of chores.

"Not at all..." You groan. "I just don't understand! I can use music to make potions and cast healing spells so why won't this work?!" You complain.

"You can't just expect to cast other spells using bard magic. It's a unique thing on it's own." Eda explained.

"Well whatever unique thing it has, I hope it'll just show itself. Momma needs some combat spells." You click your tongue and continued to play the violin aggressively.

"You know, I'd teach yah but my magic is pretty whack right now." Eda chuckled.

"Don't worry Eda, I can do this all on my own." You persisted.

For some reason, Eda felt strange hearing this. It echoed in her head. But she just brushed it off and continued her task.

"And we're back live at the Emperor's castle!" The newscaster announced from Eda's Penstagram. "in light of Scooter Crane's retirement, today's ceremony will confirm Raine Whispers as the next head of the Bard coven."

'If they were here they could surely teach Y/N.' Eda smiled.

"Raine Whispers is coven head now?!" You gasped and ran over to Eda.

"Wait, you know Raine?" She asked.

"I'm a huge fan! I follow them on Penstagram. Well, they don't post as much but there's a whole community of Raine fans out there!" You ramble.

"Oh there they are!" You squeal and point at the screen.

"Do I have to be on camera?" Raine asked nervously.

"For Titan's sake just say something!" A man scolded Raine from the background.

"Uh... I am honored to work with Emperor Belos in preparation for the day of Unibe, Uh-I mean Unily! Uh I- I mean Oh no this is going all wrong." They stammered. "Get me outta here!" Their voice cracked as they ran out of the stage.

"Oh... I thought they'd me more... I don't know... confident?" You raise an eyebrow.

"How are you supposed to be hEad BaRd with stage fright?" Eda said in a mocking voice.

You hear the door open.

"I'm sorry Luz..." King apologized as he and Luz entered the Owl House.

"It's ok buddy. Hey Eda, got another back pack I can borrow? This one got a little bit thrown up in." Luz asked Eda, holding the barfed up back up.

"Closet."

"So why are you suddenly interested in flying? Did you give up returning to the human realm like Y/N? I mean, I suppose you could stay here a little longer." Eda stated, trying not to sound eager.

"Oh no I'm still going home. But I keep running into some set backs. Good thing Y/N told me about the Titan blood. All I have to know now is where to get it and I'm all set to go home!" Luz cheered.

"I got you sis." You say blankly, still occupied with the violin.

"But the echo mouse has to recover..." Luz forced a smile, knowing the trauma that the poor thing went through because of Hooty.