12: Heartaches Part I

This chapter revolves around the events of "Young Blood, Old Souls" (TOH S1 EP19)

______________________________________

You've been stuck at home for days now mostly spending time in your room. It made you feel miserable but all you could do was follow orders.

You felt bored out of your mind. You lost your T.V. and phone privileges so you spent your time sulking in bed.

"Gaaahhh I'm dying of boredom!!!" You grumble.

You decide to roam around the house out of desperation. Your parents aren't home so you thought of eating the whole tub of ice cream from the fridge out of spite too while you're at it.

"Irish cream? Is this even a flavor?" You complain. "Eh screw it it's ice cream." You shrug.

You counted the windows and doors in your house till the ice cream ran out. You realized how big your house actually is especially for just three people. "Next stop, snooping in my parents' room *hic*." You slurred , raising your spoon.

"Woah! It's the dragon's chamber." You gasp while looking around the spacious, dark, excuse of a bedroom.

On the bedside there was a nightstand with a drawer. "There might be some money here I can rob." You say blankly.

"Pfftt I'm kidding, I choose life." You laugh hysterically and proceed to open the drawer.

You see a photo of a baby wrapped in blankets. "Dude! is this me?! Aww I look cute." You chuckle.

You've never really seen any baby pictures of yourself but you never bothered to wonder because at a young age, your parents already told you that you were adopted. It made it easy for you to accept and you were too busy with your responsibilities to even wonder anyways.

"Hmmm... My ears sure did look weird before." You squint your eyes. "They almost look pointy?" You flinch after hearing a knock on the door.

"Oh crap they're here!" You run downstairs to the front door.

You chuck the tub of ice cream in the bin and frantically open the door but there was no one.

"Ughh stupid kids probably pranking the neighborhood again." You groan.

But as you were about to close the door you hear a small hoot.

"Hoot?" You turn around and see Owlbert.

"Owlbert! Nice to see you my adorable friend." You see him holding a piece of paper in his tiny beak.

"What have you got here?" You take the folded paper and open it. Your eyes widen and you cover your mouth, as you read the note. "I have to go."

______________________________________

You open the portal door and see Luz waiting in the other side.

She runs to you for a tight hug.

"T-they took Eda!" She sniffled.

"Oh Luz." You hug her tighter, trying not to cry.

"It's my fault she got caught. I need to go save her." Luz declared.

"Luz, it's not your fault! If anything, I wasn't even here to help. I'm sorry." You whispered aside.

You put a hand on her shoulder to comfort her and looked her in the eyes. "I'll help you. What's the plan?"

"We need to get her back!" Luz days sternly as she lets go from the hug.