5: The Fallen Knight

(The art is not mine and was taken frim Pinterest.)

The day has finally come. It's time to harvest those berries.

You snuck out of your house again to meet Eda in the Owl house.

Unfortunately, she wasn't able to come with you on your mission. She was feeling very sleepy today for some odd reason.

You can't blame her though. You'd sleep forever if you had the chance.

You are now walking in an empty dirt road in the Boiling Isles on your way to the forest where Altus berries grew.

'I think I'm close.' You speculated, looking at the map Eda gave you.

While walking, you heard rustling from the nearby bushes.

This alarms you so you hid behind the trees.

It was getting closer and closer. The rustling was then followed by footsteps.

The anxiety built up as you anticipated what it could be that you were hearing.

You crouch down and peek behind the trees where you were hiding. It was a person! It was dark so you really couldn't see their face.

You tried to take a closer look but you stepped on a branch which blew your cover.

'Shoot!' you whispered in a frustrated manner.

They heard you. The person immediatley put on some kind of mask and looked around.

You covered your mouth with your back layed flat against the tree as you were trying to control your heavy breathing.

After a moment of silence you dared to look again and saw that he proceeded to walk deeper into the forest.

A beam of light from the moon hits them and you see the glimmer of a very familiar golden mask.

"Phew it's just the Golden Guard." You sighed in relief.

"Drat! It's the Golden Guard!" You snapped upon realization.

"Oh great~ he's going in the exact same direction I'm going." You mumbled sarcastically.

You follow him as quietly as you could until eventually you reached the place you were looking for.

This part of the forest was filled with emerald green leafed shrubs adorned with glittering red fruit.

'It's them! Just as described by the book.' your eyes gleamed.

You looked at your watch. It was 6:55 PM. Just a few minutes till the harvest period starts.

'You Golden Headache, why must you make my life so difficult?' You internally complained.

The Golden Guard takes out a small cloth pouch and walks towards the Altus plants.

'Oh my gosh he's gonna pick the berries!' You realize

'Wait, he's picking them now? He's gonna get blasted!' You gasp.

"h-Hey wait! Dont do that!" You shout, frantically trying to warn him.

"Wait what?" He looks in your direction but he had already plucked a berry from the bush.

"Too late" You squeaked.

The berry in his hand shaked aggressively and exploded with a massive red cloud.

This sends him flying with a momentum so great that when he fell to the ground he kept rolling over. He hit a rock which caused him to tumble, hitting a huge tree which finally brought him to a full stop.