34: I Promise

A/N: Oh look, I'm still alive.

Hey, I know this is a character x reader fic but you're getting trauma ok? No buts.

. . . . .

"Aw come on, of course, I'll always stay by your side." A girl said to another.

She had curly orange hair, wore glasses, and was pale as a lily.

"You promise?!" The other one asked. She, on the other hand, had the same orange hair but lacked the curls and was bigger and wilder. However, she does have the same fair complexion.

"I promise." The girl with glasses replied.

They disappeared like a fog blown by the wind.

Everything goes dark.

In a plane as silent and empty as the starless cosmos, a door appears.

It was a wooden door with an unusual design.

The most noticeable element of it is the big yellow eye with a slit pupil that sat right in the top center of the door.

A girl with short brown hair ran towards it.

As her fingers were about to touch the doorknob, King called out.

"Luz!"

"Yes, King?" Luz turned around.

"Are you leaving? Where are you going?" He nervously asked.

"Don't worry mi hermano. I'll be back before you even notice I'm gone." She winked.

"You promise?" He worriedly asked.

"I promise," Luz replied with a smile.

Luz turned the knob and entered the door.

Just as she shut it close, the door shook aggressively before sucking itself in like a black hole into nothing.

"Wait! Luz is still in there!" King shouted as he desperately looked around for help.

"She's not coming back y'know." A voice echoed from behind.

"Weh?" He quickly turned around, only to see the girl from before.

She had fair skin with big orange hair and empty black eyes.

Spooked, King gasped and with a blink of an eye, the girl disappeared.

Or did he disappear?

He was in a different place now.

Perhaps transported there?

He was in a room in the Owl House.

In the middle of the room was a bed of white flowers that seemed to grow from the oak floor.

A girl was lying down on it. She had (h/c) hair and (s/c) skin.

Her eyes were shut as she lay there motionless on delicate white petals.

"(Y/N)?" King uttered in a cautious tone while he approached the sleeping girl.

He reached out to touch her hand but as he did, she vanished into smoke.

"She's not coming back." The trembling voice uttered.

It was her again.

Big orange hair and tears streaming from her ominous black eyes.

She screamed in agony as feathers sprouted from her skin and her hands transformed into Talons.

"Eda, the curse!" King shouted.