30: We Have a Situation

"Sometimes I just feel displaced. Like I don't belong in this universe y'know?" You expressed your thoughts to Steve.

"I feel like I've been forced into existence as a coping mechanism for others." You added.

"I see." Steve nodded as he took down notes. "What makes you say that?"

"Honestly, I have no idea." You shrugged.

"Hmm...have you had any struggles lately?" He asked.

"Well, just recently I got kidnapped by a short gremlin that belonged to some weird cult." You answered.

"N-no offense by the way." You stuttered.

"None taken. Go on." Steve smiled under his mask.

You couldn't see his face under his gray bird-like mask but his voice gave away how cheery he was.

"Um ok... So, I also just discovered that I'm not human. Or at least not completely. According to Belos, I'm a half-blood? It's weird because I don't know how to feel about it. I feel disappointed but also relieved somehow?" You stated.

Steve hummed as he continued to write down on his clipboard.

"Do you know any other new information about yourself?" Steve asked.

"Well... Hunter told me that one of my biological parents might have been a witch or demon." You answered.

Steve waited for more of your response but there seems to be none left.

"And... That's it?" He tilted his head.

"Yep. If there were more to it then Hunter would most definitely not keep it from me." You laughed, confident with the honesty of your boyfriend.

"Or at least that's what he tells me." You uttered with a smidge of doubt.

"Uhuh..." Steve slowly nodded. "Excuse me for one second."

'Note to self: Check-in on Hunter's honesty exercises' He jotted down.

"So, Y/N, is there anything else bothering you?" He continued.

"Well..." You sighed. "...the fact that I don't know why I'm here. Why the Emperor wants me captured. What the Titan wants with me."

"Whoever that is?"

"And I'm just scared y'know?"

"I miss my newly found family. Eda, King, Luz, even Hooty. At this point, all I want is to get adopted by them, to be honest."

"It's like everything is gonna go down in flames now that we're at the end of the first part of season two." You confessed.

"Y/N you have to understand that breaking the fourth wall is strictly prohibited in the Emperor's castle." Steve calmly explained.

"Oh right, my bad." You slightly blushed in embarrassment.

"It's alright. No need to apologize. You're doing great." He gave you a thumbs up.

"Thanks, man." You chuckled.

"Hey, I gotta say, you're pretty cool for someone from the Emperor's coven." You complimented.

"Thanks!" Steve beamed. "It's nice to be appreciated other than just being seen as a flavorless background character."

"I guess Steve is just too cool for this coven." "He sighed.

"Well, what made you wanna join?" You asked.

"Same as any other witch. To be one of the best and to keep doing all kinds of magic. It's a dream come true!" He answered cheerfully.