22: Acceptance? (Part II)

You grunt in pain from the fall.

You slowly open your eyes.

Your vision was still fuzzy and your head throbbed in pain.

You try to examine your surroundings.

Apparently, you were lying down on some yellow orbs.

Trying to regain consciousness, you realize that your head was cushioned by Hunter's arm and his other hand was placed on your waist as you lie down on your side.

"Eh?!" You quickly sit up, feeling shocked and flustered.

'Did he- was I- No! Stand your ground woman!' You scolded yourself, squeezing your red face. You felt butterflies but you didn't just want to go soft on him. Especially after the argument you had. It hurt you that he forced you into making such a difficult decision.

You look at the unconscious guard. "Is he dead?!" You poke his cheek.

"guhhsteveidontneedtherapi" He softly grumbled in response, still passed out.

"He's ok." You sighed in relief.

You can't help but stare for a bit. You softly brushed your hand on the scar of his cheek. You removed his twisty bang from his eye. As you examine his face, you notice how bad his eyebags have gotten.

You were worried that's for sure. Nonetheless, you were still upset with him.

'He must be so tired.' You frowned.

"Y/N!" Luz whisper-shouted.

"Imnotdoinganything!" You blurted out, raising your hands in the air like a criminal caught by the police.

"We need to get out of here now! Kikimora is gonna kill us!" She warned.

"Wait, this is the Golden Guard? It looks like he could be a student at Hexside." Luz pointed out as she leaned in closer to Hunter's face.

"Wake up!" She slapped the shit out of him.

"Wha- That's brutal Luz." You snickered.

"Gahh! What? You-" Henter angrily yelled before Luz covered his mouth.

"Shh! You are a bad person and I do not like you but Kikimora is trying to kill you and unfortunately I'm too nice to let that happen."

"UGhh! are you licking my hand?!" Luz shouted.

"Dude that's gross!" You scolded.

"I'm trying to help you!" Luz wiped her hand on hunter's face.

"Why should I believe you?!" Hunter growled, pushing Luz's face away.

"Guys stop that! I think we're being tracked." You alerted them.

"Hunter, give me your cape!" You instructed.

"Wha- No! Why?!" He complained.

"Hunter? Your name is Hunter?! Wait so you do know each other?" Luz gasped.

"N-No er.. Yes? It's complicated." You stammered. "What's important is we get rid of your cape. The dragon must be tracking its scent."

Reluctantly, Hunter removes his cape and tosses it on the ground.

The three of you sneak your way out of the crash site just before Kikimora's hand-dragon arrived.

"Ooo man! Kikimora must hate you." Luz huffed as she followed Hunter.

The three of you were walking in an unfamiliar area in the boiling isles. It was already dark out but the place was bustling with people and bright lights.