Chapter 4

~•[Chapter 4]•~

OMNISCIENT:

Metals are clenching, there are men laughing, and from a distance, a roar of the flame from the brewing bonfire puts light into the place. Diana was shining brightly but it is not enough to give radiance to the dark place.

It was night in Zegordia. As the city lights shine on the center of this prosperous land, the place where most of the Zegordian Knights lie doesn't have any lights aside from the bonfire and solar lamps.

The southeast part of Zegordia, the borderline between the kingdom and the Revenia Empire is no longer alive. Dead forest due to the constant eruption of missiles from the enemy, animals no longer stay still and start to migrate to another place where they are safe.

Nearby towns are now called ghost towns. Roads are blocked and the only leading road to the barracks is highly monitored. The once berit land, prosperous from its abundant source of petroleum is no longer called magnificent. The barren land became dead and abandoned due to the constant war.

Ang parte na ito ng Zegordia ay minsan ng maganda, puno ng mga mamamayan ng kaharian at dinadayo ng mga karatig lungsod. Nagsimula ang pagkalagas ng buhay dahil sa nadiskubreng bundok na sagana sa petrolyo.

Orihinal na tagapangalaga ng lugar ay ang Zegordian King, ngunit ilang dekada bago nadiskubre ang panibagong bundok na may mas maraming petroylo ay binigyan ng kalayaan ang lugar na maging daungan ng kalakalan.

Due to the abundant source of oil, the other kingdoms and even empires from close to the area wanted to take over, leading to the breaking of the union and starting a war.

The war in the borderline has been disrupting the land for the last 20 years. The Zegordian King protected the barren land and kept the source as part of Zegordia. The king, who is virtuous, wise, and untamed, migrated the people away from the area and barricaded the land.

Half of the Zegordian Knights fought and sacrificed their lives to sustain what was a part of their kingdom. Maraming mga nasawi, at marami pa ang magsasakripisyo hangga't hindi natitigil ang agawan.

The Barracks, located below the mountain where the petroleum lies, is a huge and wide training area for cultivating new Zegordian warriors. Every year, more than thousands of new recruits arrive, trained many times in months, and finally deployed to the borderline, where the Revenia Empire constantly wants to invade. Yet, in every mission, there are only one fourth left to go home.

The blood of those who sacrificed wasn't lost, dahil laging umuuwing panalo ang Zegordia. Marami ang gustong umangkin sa lugar, ilang Kaharian at Imperyo, pero ang Revenia ang mas nangahas na magsimula ng himagsikan. Before, the Kingdoms and Empires of Arcadia had a harmonious union, pero may mga politiko talagang sakim sa kapangyarihan.

Ang mga sundalo ay nakasuot ng damit na may simbolo ng Zegordia Kingdom. Pati ang mga nakatayong tent ay nakaukit ang kanilang kaharian. Ang kanilang mga espada, pana, sibat, baril, tangke, at ilang sandatang pandigma ay may simbolo nang sa gayon ay makilala na sa kaharian ng Zegordia ito kabilang.

Arcadia is no longer in the medieval time; the evolution of technology has paved its way. From wooden weapons and artillery, to metal equipment and machinery. The war is no longer limited to a face to face battle, there are airships, heavy vehicles, technology-based armors, and the present use of gunpowder has erupted.

Zegordia also uses science as a weapon. Science and Technology was cultivated and furnishes it to enhance their weapons, which makes them have a stance in any invasion.

For the last 20 years, Zegordia had been protecting the unfruitful land. Currently, a young man's plan is to fully eradicate the ongoing war. As he stood as the General of the Zegordian Knights, under the royal decree, signed by King Freisse of Zegordia, he was already seizing the opportunity to promote a peace treaty.