Chapter 52

A/N:  Chapter 52 to 60 is written in third person point of view. I would like to extend my deepest gratitude to all of you for reaching this far. Let's finish this story together. >.<

~•[Chapter 52]•~

OMNISCIENT:

'Lucius is fighting Fate.'

What the second prince of Zegordia spilled echoed multiple times inside Seisha's mind. Tila parang nabuhusan ito ng malamig na tubig habang tirik na tirik ang araw. Kamuntikan pa siyang matumba sa rebelasyon na kanyang inungkat na hindi nito kayang tanggapin.

Hindi din maari na hindi naintindihan ng dalaga ang tugon ng pangalawang prinsipe dahil halos tanggihan na ng kanyang sistema ang mga salitang iyon.

Why is Lucius fighting fate? The question that runs in an uncontrollable speed and disrupts her mind.

"You did not know?" Prince Lurren asked as he saw her baffled.

"...." Tila hindi kayang hanapin ng babae ang kanyang boses.

Why is this happening to us?

Marami ang nasa isip nito: mga tanong na sunod-sunod ang pag-agos na para bang tubig na hinahanap ang butas. Hindi kalaunan ay nakaramdam ng galit ang dalaga sa nag-iisang taong gumagawa ng lahat ng ito— kung matatawag pa bang tao ang babaeng iyon.

"You should calm the waves than surge on it, princess." Prince Lurren saw how her calmness dashed into rumbling waves. Her thoughts flow through the invincible ray towards his ear. "I can hear your thoughts, Seisha. If you truly care for my brother, do not disrupt his plan."

"Why is he fighting Fate?" tanong ng dalaga habang nagpupuyos sa galit. "She is a deity, cherished and worshiped by many! Is he out of his mind?!"

"He is not," he premused; "I know what he is thinking, and it is an intriguing idea to fight Fate, actually."

"You supported it? Fighting a deity is like betting on fake stones disguised as golds. He is losing his mind—"

"My brother is not losing his mind, he is eager to end what you started." His latest statement made Seisha flinch. Her eyes grew wide which then started to water. "I am not in the position to tell you this, but Fate has you in her fingers, and he is willing to lift you up if that means repeating the same mistake."

"No..."

His cold stares did not even budge ever since this conversation started. Prince Lurren has only two emotions he can show normally: cold and brutal.

He is known for being merciless when it comes to living things. Hindi kayang unawain ni Seisha ang titig nito dahil kahit nasa harapan niya lamang ang binata ay parang ang layo ng kinaroroonan nito.

"Do not try to stop him, because I might hurt you."

His cold stares, his cold monotonous voice, and chilly aura. He is the second prince of Zegordia. No one ever dared to decipher his intent, except that Lucius managed to wrap him around his hands. Hindi din naman iyon pinapansin ni Lurren dahil alam niyang kailangan siya ng kaniyang kapatid.

"You will kill me?"

Marahan itong umiling. "I cannot kill you for Fate can twist that. The only way to end your life is to fulfill your destiny: the act you always did for the last six tribulations."

"That...How did you know all of that?"

"You said you know me? Kanina ko pa naririnig ang iniisip mo pero ngayon ka lang nagtanong?"