Chapter 55

~•[Chapter 55]•~

OMNISCIENT:

Humupa ang gulo sa silid ng hari pagkatapos ng trenta minuto. Ngayon, nakaupo ang hari sa kanyang trono habang nakaharap sa kanyang dalawang anak na nakaluhod sa sahig.

Nakaupo ang pangalawang prinsipe sa upuan na inilaan para kay Lucius, at nasa kabilang dako naman ang kambal. Narito sila sa silid kung saan naganap ang pulong kani-kanina lamang.

"Speak," the Zegordian King ordered these two disrespectful sons.

"Father, what they are saying is not true—"

"It is true, Father."

Naisampal ni Leveius ang kanyang sarili dahil sa sinabi ni Lucius sa ama. Napailing na lamang siya dahil bigla ulit namuoo ang galit sa mukha ng hari.

"Alin sa inyong dalawa ang nagsasabi ng totoo? I swear, I can exile you both if this nonsense will not be solved right now."

"I am at fault, Father. I will accept any form of punishment the court wishes to apply."

"If they will pursue you stepping down from the position of the throne, will you accept it?"

"Yes, Father. Let the second prince be the next ruler if I will be exiled."

"Imbecile!" biglang tugon ng hari at nagpupuyos sa galit. "Anong silbi ng pinaghirapan mo buong buhay kung kaya mo lang itong taliruan dahil nahuli ka?!"

"I intended to be caught red handed, Father." Nagulat naman agad ang hari sa tugon ng pangatlong anak nito kaya napatahimik siya. "There are members in the royal court that had been hiding their true intentions. They are cunning, manipulative, and merciless. I intended to get caught by them so that they would reveal themselves to me."

"These officials had been the backbone of Zegordia—"

"The backbone of Zegordia is its people, Father. These officials are corrupt and greedy, only attending to their own exploitation and maltreated the people of the land. I will not turn a blind eye for this matter that concerns every Zegordian."

"Are you saying that I did? That I failed to protect my own people from being exploited!?"

"No, Father. You just simply got brainwashed by their deceitful lies and fake ideals."

"You are saying I am not a good ruler!"

"Hindi, Ama. Hindi 'yon ang gustong sabihin ni Lucius," biglang wika ni Leveius. "He was just saying that it is not late for you to look at the crimes of these members of the royal court. Hinahanap lamang nila ng butas ang ating pamilya para mapatalsik tayo sa kaharian at sila ang mamuno. I am begging for your reconsideration, your majesty. We only did what we could do to give Zegordia a meaningful future."

Napabuntong hininga ang hari. "These officials had been with me throughout my reign. I cannot just let them be executed. Even with their exploits, Zegordia had attained a lot from the late King."

"We can assure you that Zegordia will not be affected by this loss of officials, father. My two brothers had been plotting a peaceful land ever since, we just need your benevolence."

"Why are you speaking too much for your brother, Leveius. You are the eldest per se, but this will not save you from getting grounded."

Napatawa ng mapakla ang unang prinsipe. "I already accepted that I will be grounded from the outskirts—"

"And your exploits within the boundary."

"Father!" gulat na wika ni Leveius. "I was just helping Lucius with that— hey, how did you know that?"