Chapter 49

~•[Chapter 49]•~

SEISHA:

"Sasha..."

Everytime I heard him call my name, it always sent trillions of electricity all over my body. Everytime I felt his touch, I immediately swarmed into his embrace. And, every moment I look at him, I fall in love.

The myriad of my love sickness had fueled this madness. The birth of my rebellion made the whole continent suffer. If my love for him was all that I wanted, it is not enough to save his land.

I was cruel. This is my fault.

"Sasha, what are you doing there?"

Our eyes locked when he finally saw me. Hindi ako umalis sa kinatatayuan ko nang una niya akong tinawag. Hinintay kong makita niya kung nasaan ako.

"Father invited us for a family dinner. Frencia went into your room but she said the chamber was empty. Where did you go?"

"I got lost," I uttered.

"You should have waited for me, then."

He eradicated the gap between us and gave me a warm embrace from behind. Nakatingin na kaming dalawa ngayon sa maliwanag na buwan.

He spoke, "are you having a hard time adjusting with the environment and new people? If you do not like being in a conversation with any of them, then I will tell Frencia to escort you from now on."

"Malaki ang palasyo at kailangan ng liham kung kailangan nila ang presensya ko. Hindi naman din ako pagala-gala, dahil hindi pamilyar sa akin ang lugar."

Lies. Endless string of lies.

We have been keeping secrets ever since, and our own exploit has put us in this mess. If I had been patient and mature back then, I would have spared this land.

I need to hold the memoir to be able to re-write what I had written, and free this land from the curse. Marami na ang nadamay at marami pa ang mamamatay kung hindi ko isasagawa ang plano.

Sebastian had told me about the Crown Prince's plan. If I did not ask for Fate's help about the ambush, then Lucius already made his plan into action.

He would expose the culprit behind it when the meeting started, but since nothing happened, he couldn't start his mutiny. I made changes to his original plan so that I could supplement the loopholes.

The Crown Prince's next move is to attend another meeting regarding the mutiny. It will happen in two days, before the engagement party, and the start of the new year.

I will use that time to find the memoir. Gusto kong humingi ng tawad sa kaniya dahil sa naibang landas ng kwento dahilan para hindi magsimula ang pakay niya.

The opening of his rebellion started with my case. He followed the timeline even when he knew there was danger that awaited me. I know, hindi niya naman sinasadya na idawit ako para sa plano niya. He was always this eager to follow the plan he made and rage if it did not commence.

"What is on your mind?" tanong nito habang nilalaro ang mga kamay ko.

"I am wondering if I still have my memories, would we be this close?"

He flinched, I felt it. "Why would you think of that?"

I turned my gaze at him. "Because I don't know who you are."

His face turned into an emotionless expression. 'Yong dating Lucius na nakilala ko simula ng magmulat ako ng mata sa mundong ito.

'Yong lalaking para akong papatayin sa kaniyang tingin, at kulang na lang ay lumundag ang puso ko palabas dahil sa kaba. The root of his anger was my trivial statement.