Chapter 30

~•[Chapter 30]•~

SEISHA:

—"There you are."

I lifted my head when I heard him speak. As usual, that facial expression always hinders good communication with his subject. He never failed to post his dominant trait and that is, the poker face.

Despite that, a trail of ennui is evident. There must have been something that happened in the court meeting that made him feel lethargic.

"I'm quite busy, your highness." I diverted my attention back to what I was reading. I didn't mean to be sly, but that thought made me mentally chuckle.

"You said the same thing yesterday," he said, drawing near. "I gave you permission to use yesterday's time for your reading session. But I clearly did not include today's agenda."

"I'm halfway through, it would be a waste to stop midway." I flipped a page of the book. "You already know that I won't hesitate to finish a single book in one sitting."

"I regret buying that for you. I should have taken into consideration that a mere book can snatch my woman away from my hands."

I giggled with his remark, then closed the book and finally gave him my attention. "It is highly suspicious for a Crown Prince to seek attention to his subject. He does not need to, when everything is already given."

"Speak for yourself, Sasha." He reached for the loose strand of my hair and tucked it behind my ear. "Can I have your time this afternoon, Princess of Henia?"

"What is the consequence if I say no?" I asked, trying to hide my laugh. He quickly maneuvers his hands to my cheeks and squeezes them gently.

"I won't let you roam in my study."

My eyes rolled. "That trick never works on me."

"And why so, Sasha?" Lucius said with a teasing voice. A trail of soft chuckle escaped his mouth.

"Because, I am the future Queen."

"Right, then as the future King, I demand for your time."

"You don't need to demand that, Luci. I closed the book, then my time is already yours."—

I suddenly felt pain in my head. Napahawak ako doon at mariin na napapikit. How many times has my head tormented me ever since I woke up in this body?

I can feel my skull is being hammered as my brain starts to rip apart. What was that? A memory jolted which then followed by a headache.

Hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit bigla na lamang may ala-ala na lumabas ng marinig ko sa kanya ang pangalan na iyon. What does it mean?

I can't even feel my body. All I know is I am being carried away and the torture of my head is the only priority I am acknowledging.

There is no comparison to any pain other than having a headache. Kapag ang ulo ang masakit, damay lahat ng buto at laman ng katawan.

"Sasha....?"

I heard his voice. Lucius held my arms when I reached for him. Masyadong masakit ang ulo ko para magdilat ng mata at harapin siya. I don't know why this is happening, but that memory was the one who started this pain.

"Hold on," he whispered.

I felt his arm circling on my back and carrying me to somewhere I do not know. Ang maganda lang talaga kay Lucius ay minsan marunong siyang bumasa ng sitwasyon.