Chapter 34

~•[Chapter 34]•~

OMNISCIENT:

Frencia entered Lucius' mansion after Sebastian escorted her to the Crown Prince's residence. She changed into a formal attire and is holding a piece of technology that Leveius made.

She walked effortlessly in the study room of her brother, and only stopped when she reached one of the huge rectangular bookshelves inside.

By then, she pushed the button of the technology she was holding, and the shelves diverged, then got replaced with another set of bookshelves, but only filled with 6 bizarre books that the Crown Prince hid from his Fiance, and the whole Kingdom.

"It is going to happen again," Frencia uttered. "Despite being informed of the past, we still marched in the same direction we were told not to take. Kahit ilang beses natin iwasan ang nakatakda, darating at darating talaga ang sakuna na siyang magtatapos sa buong kaharian."

Lumapit ito at kumuha ng isang libro. She examined the physical aura it was emitting and smiled bitterly as she put it back.

"Tama ba na isinulat ng may akda ang buhay nito sa bawat pagsubok at bigyan ng babala ang susunod na babaeng mamartsa sa landas na tinahak niya?" Napaismid si Frencia sa sariling tanong. "Sino ba ang kausap mo Frencia, para kang timang d'yan. Hay naku! Ang ganda ko pa naman para maging baliw."

"Cia," halos mabitawan in Frencia ang remote na hawak niya. "Close that shelf."

Hindi galit si Lucius, at nagkataon lang talaga na hindi niya inaasahan na nasa loob ang kapatid nito.

Frencia can be sweet and alluring, but she holds every dark secret her brothers had been concealing away from the King.

Not that she does not have something to hide too, but they say that the apple will fall not far from the tree. All these royals are never good at abiding the Zegordian laws.

"Nasaan ang ate ko?" Frencia asked after returning the shelves back to normal. "Did your plan succeed? Hindi ko alam kung mabilis ba ang processing skills ni Ate Seisha, but she is brilliant when it comes to judging things."

Lucius went to his chair and pulled a drawer underneath the table.

"She's fine."

"Did she believe your lies?" Nagkrus ang mga braso ni Frencia. "Altering the timeline can result in a string of unpredictable results, that is why you choose to stick to the original plot and use her feelings as leverage if everything went sideways. Did you really love her- of course, you don't. The Crown Prince only has his eyes on the throne, securing peace with the neighboring Kingdoms, and even wants to have peace talks with the Revenia Empire."

Hindi muli sumagot ang binata at nilabas ang dalawang maliit na envelope na nasa loob. Bumukas naman ang pintuan at iniluwa nun ang pigura ni Sebastian.

He handed the letter to the Sergeant Major, completely ignoring the statements of his sister.

"The black letter is intended for Henia, while the other one should be sent to Luta. Make it discrete, we do not want to alert the King that Ulez agreed to the peace treaty."

"Yes, your Highness."

Sebastian immediately left after receiving the command.

"Hindi naman ako multo para iwasan mo, brother," wika nito nang pagkatapos bigyan ng utos ni Lucius si Sebastian ay naging abala agad ito sa ibang gawain. "Kuya! Ano ba? Kating-kati na akong malaman kung anong plano mo, tapos ngayon tatahimik ka? What happened? Did your plan to jumpscare her with those assassins backfired? Did my effort to be part of this plan be ruined because you cannot tame that Princess?"