Epilogue

~•[Epilogue]•~

SEISHA:

I felt like I was floating so I snapped my eyes open.

Indeed. I'm freaking floating in a dark place.

Wala akong makita ni isang sinag ng ilaw o maski sarili ko. I inspected my body and was relieved that I had clothes on.

Kanina pa ba ako dito? I remembered that darn bitch borrowed my body! Ano naman kaya ang ginawa niya? I hope it is not something sinister because I might kill her for real!

After a while I felt I was being pulled, I only blinked once and now I found myself sitting on a white cushion while facing a throne that is shining in diamonds and golds. Nakasimangot ako ng makilala ko kung sino ang nakaupo doon.

"What type of trouble did you do to my body while using it, bitch?"

"You lack mannerisms, as always, Golden Iris."

"Who wouldn't? After all, I'm still not in the process of forgiving you. May mga stages ang ganitong sitwasyon, kaya huwag kang umasa na magbibigay pugay ako."

"You two are a very similar case: idiots, stubborn, and desperate."

Aba! Nanggigigil ako bigla sa binato niya na salita pero nanatili akong kalmado. Boset talaga ang babaeng ito. "Did my desire come true?"

"Almost, I just need you to die."

Hindi na ako nagulat.

I wrote it. I wished for her for the first time when I jumped in the river. I wished for her mercy when I died back there.

A Golden Iris can die if their handlers kill them, but they can die in their own hands if they want to. I choose the latter for I know that time Lucius will never kill me.

"You made a Golden Iris killing dagger?"

"You noticed? That was a weapon rejected by the Council. they won't hesitate to post disagreement since it is a serious threat to the Golden Iris Bloodline. It's only a single dagger made to become the Clandestine Memoir's accessory. Why? You want that to kill you? Want to try it?"

"I will kill myself," I said; "I won't let him kill me."

"That cannot be arranged, child. Now, your body is chained with anti-ether, and he is standing a meter in front of you. You need to make a choice on how you will do that act."

"Wala bang mabilis na paraan?"

"You need to die in front of him, as he died in your eyes for the last seven timelines. The difference today can lift the curse completely."

"Bakit kailangan?" bakas ang dismaya sa boses ko. "Ayoko ko siyang saktan, ayoko na makita siyang umiyak man lang. Wala ka bang simpatya? Kahit man lang huwag na iyon ang gawin mo, bakit kailangan mo pang saktan 'yong tao?"

"To make a difference, child. You must understand how things work. I take over your body to enchant my spell, and the remaining last step is your final performance. You prepared for it, Golden Iris. Don't tell me you're hesitating?"

"I am not..." Napayuko ako. "I don't want to hurt him."

"You should have thought of that when you wrote your desire on the memoir for the last time. You might not have witnessed but that darn Crown Prince threatened me with my own creation. Ungrateful."

Napangisi ako. "Good for you."

"Whatever. So now, are you going to do it, or I will? It is a piece of cake: stabbed or be stabbed. What worst could happen?"