Special Chapter: Lucius 02 | The Fall

The Fall

And the time where I fall.

"Brother, aren't you going on a date today?" Frencia's annoying voice entered my office, and her cheerful steps ruined my focus. "There's a simple banquet in the center today, shouldn't you be bringing the Princess of Henia there, so that she might as well have a new change of pace?"

"I am busy," I replied.

"You said that yesterday, also the day before yesterday, and the day before the day of yesterday!" she exclaimed. "Your fiance is bored roaming the Palace, and sometimes I brought her entertainment, yet it doesn't mean it is enough to erase her homesickness."

"I am busy," I replied the same phrase.

"Lucius!"

"Brother, Cia. brother," I replied again.

"I hate you," she said. In my peripheral vision, she was pouting. "She looks sad whenever you force not to meet her eyes. We all ate meals together, yet you didn't even ask her if she needed anything or if she wanted to eat something. You should ask her about what she likes and hate, what she do and doesn't do, and—---"

"I am busy, Frencia."

Her lips pressed even more when I cut her off. With a heavy stroke of her footsteps, she left the room in blue and disappointed. A low sigh escaped my mouth and looked back at the document I had been reading for the last four hours. The same context has been playing in my mind, but the idea is still not occurring.

I stood and left my office. I have to come back to Deferas again for another probability tactic. After all, I am the Crown Prince and the General of the Frontliners. Thinking about someone's feelings should not block my plans for the victory of the Kingdom.

Days gone by, weeks flown easily, and months left like nothing. It was supper again, and the entire family gathered, including the Princess of Henia who sat beside me as per the courtesy rule.

"You what?!" my father exclaimed.

"I said it clearly," I replied with a monotonous tone.

"Brother," Frencia involved herself in the conversation. "She is beside you right now, could you show some respect? Why would you say that you are canceling the marriage?!"

"You are not part of this, Cia," I said to her.

I noticed the Princess of Henia didn't move her utensils, and stayed low. She didn't even flinch after hearing what I said, as if she knew I would bring that up. I even heard Leveius sigh in disappointment, and father sipped the wine from his chalice to calm himself.

After that, we ate in silence but with a troubled mind. The next day, an urgent assembly happened, and a deferral was approved. I did not know she presented that agreement, or maybe she sought my father after supper to ask for that.

I was busy with the border problems, and didn't bother to listen to my father's rule. I eventually knew that she was sent to Suin and stayed in my royal residence. My father seems to be using his cards pretty well.

"Your highness..."

That sound again. Even in my sleep it haunts me.

I looked at her figure before I closed the book I am reading. I recently came back from Deferas and wished for a week vacation, yet seeing her in my residence might reduce my recuperation. I don't like seeing her, for the reason that seems dumb.

Her hair was in braids, and fake butterflies clung to some strands. Her dress was in the shade of orange, with an accent of yellow. It only reached her legs, which exposed her knees and feet. It's an off the shoulder style, with flare sleeves.

"I prepared some pastries for his highness," she added, and motioned her hands to the maids waiting for her instructions. "I heard from Kaellius that you are recuperating, that is why I put nutrients to these snacks to appease your health."

"I don't eat snacks," I said.

Her face sunken immediately.

"Don't worry, Princess. I will eat it!" Kael brightly said and took the tray from the maid before he gave me a sly smile. "This looks delicious, and tastes delicious! You are the best, Princess!"

"Thank you, Kaellius."

Even though she smiled at him, her face didn't feel happy. She excused herself and left the room. My gaze directed towards the tray and stood up. Kaellius felt surprised that I took the pastry from him.

"This is not yours," I seriously said.

"I know, but you said you don't like eating snacks—-"

He didn't finish his words because I marched away from him. I slammed the door of my office to stop Kael from barging in and looked at the tray as I walked towards my chair. I picked a flower design pastry and took a bite.

She is indeed a great cook.

It was a sunny afternoon again, and instead of slouching and wasting my vacation over some books and royal scrolls, I looked for her whereabouts. I was told that she was in the garden behind the mansion, and my feet unconsciously brought me there.

There she stood at the bridge looking at the small waterfall. With her hands latched on her back, and smiling at the great scenery, I noticed the burden her eyes beams. It has been a few years since she stayed, yet I didn't notice any changes. Henia must have fully ceased their agony, but I cannot relax knowing anytime I might be wrong.

"Does the Princess like nature?" I asked when I got near.

She was startled at first and immediately fixed herself before greeting my arrival. Her blue satin dress clung itself perfectly on her body curves. I gulped upon seeing how beautiful she was when her hair was down, and only a flower brooch was attached to her hair.

"I like nature, but I hate wearing anything green."

"Why so?" I curiously asked.

She let out a sweet smile. "They say I look like a goddess."

"Isn't that supposed to be a compliment?" I said.

"It is, but I don't like being called one." She slick back a loose strand of her burgundy hair at the back of her ear. Then return her gaze back at the waterfall. "I don't like being called a goddess, that is why I don't wear anything green."

"Seisha..."

She seems astounded when I speak her name. She then looked at me with her startled face, but her eyes gleamed cheerfully. A smile eventually formed her delicate lips, and my system began to malfunction when I saw how happy she was.

"Do you like being called by your name?" I asked.

"It depends on who calls me that," she delightedly said.

"Perhaps," I paused, and stepped a few steps forward. She noticed my approach and how my defense dispersed. "Sasha should be better."

Her little eyes grew wide as her lips parted. She didn't speak, but I saw how those golden orbs showered the merriment her system had been feeling. I can't help my lips raise when she gets flustered.

"W-why would you call me that?" she said.

My hands have been in my pockets since I left, but I wanted to take it off and reach for her. Yet, I don't want to look aggressive.

"I don't like calling my wife the name other people call her."

"Your w-wife?" she flusteredly said.

"Why not? Aren't you?" I said. I teased her with a smile, but she grew even more flustered. Cute.

•×•×•×•×•×•