Chapter 14

~•[Chapter 14]•~

SEISHA:

This felt like an interview with a big and famous company.

I can feel my knees trembling due to the tension I am feeling. I could not hide my shivering hand from grasping the edge of the fork. My gray multi-layered transparent off the shoulder maxi dress complements the gray theme of the table.

Para akong parte ng interior design— maganda rin sana maging palamuti na lamang pero mukhang hindi mangyayari iyon.

My braided hair rests on my left shoulder as a white hair pin latched on the right part of my head, above my ear. I also have a sash bracelet with a small rose in the center.

I do look very elegant but my entire being is in a series of panic. Lucius, who is calmly seated two meters away from me, eating peacefully, while I am internally feeling discomfort. We are eating together!

Hindi ko alam kung ano ang gagawin ko. I must admit I am not in the mood to eat anything tonight, and the food somehow did not make me crave.

These servings are for the royals, menu ng mga mayayaman. Hindi ko nga ginagalaw ang steak na nasa harapan ko.

I do know the reason why I am not in the mood to digest anything, is it because I've been thinking about what he wants to say after dinner?

Can we skip the eating part?

"You're not eating, again," Lucius said, which gave me a sudden glitch. "I ordered Helena to serve foods you used to eat. These were your likings; did you not have any sensational feelings for any of them?"

I am not the real princess. Paano ko malalaman na gusto ni Seisha 'yong mga nakahain? Wala naman akong memorya ng dalaga. This acting is never easy. I must change most of her behavior in accordance to my liking.

Panghahawakan ko nalang talaga na wala akong maalala.

"I am not hungry. I ate a snack before I went here— I apologize for my rudeness, your highness."

Ever since I read and was taught about the proper greetings to a royal, addressing Lucius becomes hard. I must be mindful not to speak his name every time.

He took a sip of the wine in a glass and removed the napkin, announcing he was done eating. "If you're not eating, how must I know you knew the proper dining etiquette?"

Oh. I looked at him with nothing else but confusion. "Akala ko ba isang beses sa isang araw lang ang pagsusuri? We did a test earlier, and now you want me to show my dining courtesy?"

"I told you, today is the last day. If you'll do well, then I will allow you to go to the center of Suin tomorrow." Tila nabuhayan na naman ako sa sinabi nito. I can feel the dazzle of my eyes as my hand clasped in front of my chest. My reaction gave Lucius an impression which raised his eyebrows.

"I apologize for my lack of professionalism, your highness," I said, then fixed my posture as I gripped the fork again. "Then, without delay, I will start."

Nakita ko pa ang pagsalubong ng kamay nito at ang pagpatong niya sa kanyang siko sa itaas ng mesa.

My back was straight as I cut a small piece of the steak. My right hand holds the dinner fork and the left one has the dinner knife. Dalawa uri ng utensils ang nasa mesa. I ate in silence, but my whole internal being is quivering.

Nakatingin si Lucius sa akin ng mataman. Hindi ko alam kong ano ang gagawin ko pero iniwasan ko talagang manginig. I must pass this for me to be able to get out of the palace. Ito lang ang nasa isipan ko.