Chapter 53

~•[Chapter 53]•~

OMNISCIENT:

Kasalukuyan na ginaganap ang buwanang pulong sa isa sa mga malalaking silid ng hari kung saan palagian naisasagawa ang mga ganitong pangyayari.

Nakaupo ang hari sa kanyang trono habang nasa magkabilang dulo ang kanyang mga anak. Nakatayo naman ang mga opisyal ng palasyo at ang tanging maharlika na dumalo ay ilan lamang na malapit sa dugo ng hari.

"Your Highness," the Minister of Trade, Marquess Wallace Dimitri suddenly sought an audience with the King and left his post to greet his majesty. "I have news that needs your immediate attention."

Agad nagbigay ng pahintulot ang hari. Inatasan nito ang kanyang eunuch para magsalita, "His Majesty will listen to your concern, Minister of Trade."

"Thank you, our benevolent King."

Marquess Dimitri bowed again and walked to the center where the officials could speak. Kapag hindi nakatapak sa sentro ng courtroom, hindi palalampasin ng hari ang kalapastangan dahil hindi naman sumunod sa batas ng silid. They are only allowed to speak their agenda when standing in the center.

"There was a rumor, your Highness—"

"If it is a rumor, why did you bring that up to his highness? What are you speculating about, Marquess?" Leveius suddenly interrupted the Marquess to spill his agenda. Nakita pa nito ang mga lihim na pag-ismid ng Marquess kaya napangisi si Leveius. "I do believe that this meeting is nonsense. Tomorrow is the engagement party of my cousin, and you dare want everyone to gather here and talk about a single rumor? What is that information that you want us to waste time instead of preparing for the banquet?"

"Leveius, let him speak," the King ordered his son which left Leveius to show his displeased. "What is it, Marquess? If it involved the trading which you are handling, we can discuss that at the third day of the first month. It is an official annual meeting per se."

"No, your Highness. This involved the Crown Prince's act against the kingdom."

Dahil sa sinabi nito, nagkaroon ng samu't saring boses ang silid. Nagulat ang ilan at palihim naman na napangisi ang mga traydor.

"There was a witness, your Majesty. That the Crown Prince is forming a mutiny against you—"

"That is not true!" biglaang sigaw ni Frencia. "You are tainting my brother's reputation here, Minister of Trade. Don't you think we can never conclude that you are doing that just because you want to eliminate his highness from the throne and let your bloodline rule?"

"That is not my intention, my King! All I want is for Zegordia to attain peace and harmony in your reign and with your benevolence shall shutter all those who seek illness to the Kingdom!"

"Liar," bulong ni Frencia sa sarili. Pinagkrus naman nito ang kanyang mga braso at nagsalita ng malakas, "If you say so, why would the Crown Prince form a mutiny against the Kingdom if his goals and convictions had been fulfilled with his dedication to protect the borderline against the Revenian Hawks?!"

"His Highness had been caught red handed, your Majesty. Please consider my request."

Nagkatinginan ang magkapatid. Mabilis na tumango si Leveius at bumalik sa pagkakaupo si Frencia. Nanatiling tahimik ang hari habang pinagmamasdan ang kanyang dalawang anak at isa sa mga ministro ng kanyang kaharian.

The King will not speak unless the accusation will directly hit him, that is why his children speak before him.

He turns his gaze to his heir who is just sitting two meters away from him while it was looking at the Marquess. Hanggang ngayon ay hindi niya pa din malaman-laman kung ano ang nasa isipan ng kanyang anak, pero hindi naman bulag ang hari para hindi makasabay sa daloy ng usapan.