Chapter 11 Another One Found

A new day has arisen, Ash and Serena decide to get some work after breakfast, and Serena continues to do with the quests while Ash captures the Pokemon. Serena goes to the quest board and she says, "Clarissa from the Security Corps has a request for us. Something to do with Zubat, I believe. Talk to the good lady and investigate as necessary, if you please! That sounds very interesting."

She finds the lady at the row of houses close to the training grounds, and she says, "Hi. Clarissa of the Security Corps - that's me! Thanks so much for taking on my request. I need you to catch a Zubat and show it to me so I can take a look at its eyes."

"Zubat's eyes?" Serena asks as she wonders if Zubat really has eyes.

"Odd request, I know, but I've good reason for it. Zubat never seems to have trouble flying around in pitch-darkness. That means their night vision must be top-notch! If I could learn how to see in the dark like them, night shifts on guard duty would be a breeze. So I'm counting on your help. Catch a Zubat and come show it to me, would you?"

"Sure." Serena says. "I mean, my boyfriend already caught one this morning."

As she sends out the Pokemon, she takes a good look at it. "I'll just take a look at those peepers, if you please, Zubat!" Clarrisa says, but she can't find any eyes on the Pokemon.

"Huh...? Where are the eyes on this little guy? Don't tell me...it doesn't even HAVE eyes?! But...but then that means Zubat flies around while being completely blind!" Clarrisa gasps.

"Zubat have some other kind of secret sense if it doesn't even need eyes." Serena says. "It uses ears and soundwaves."

"That's amazing and all, but it hardly helps me." Clarrisa sighs. "What am I going to do about my nighttime shifts on guard duty?"

"Maybe you can catch a Zubat to help you out?" Serena asks. "I mean, you are from the Security Corps, right?"

"That's a good idea! No need for me to go it alone, after all. A little help would be great! That's that, then. I'll get out there and find a Zubat that can help me as my partner. Thanks for the great advice!"

Then she gives them two Aux Power, an item that sharply boosts the offensive stats of a Pokémon during a battle. Serena puts it away as she knows it might be useful for her Pokemon.

As for Ash, he walks to Deertrack Path to capture some Kricketot, since they already have a Kricketune, but he will need to catch one and evolve it. But for the first Kricketot, it notices Ash and runs away, much to his frustration.

"I need to catch it without being spotted...but that is very hard..." Ash says, "But it is a good thing I have some berries."

Ash throws an Oran Berry at the Kricketot and then throws a Poke Ball at it. Eventually, the Pokemon is captured. He also evolves the female one into a Kricketune since they already have a male Alpha Kricketune. But Ash also frowns as he also needs to catch one Kricketune without being spotted as well.

"Maybe I should capture one and release it immediately? I mean, that way the data can be recorded and I won't try to confine the other Pokemon in the pastures or the Aether Foundation..." Ash says as he tries to do it with the Kricketune.

Kricketot's Research Tasks: Number caught:1,3,6,12,25 Number you've caught without being spotted:1,2,6,12,25 Number defeated:1,2,4,10,15 Times you've given it food:1,2,4,6,8 Number of different forms you've obtained:2 Number you've evolved:1

Kricketune's Research Tasks: Number caught:1,3,6,12,25 Number of alpha specimens caught:1,2,3 Number you've caught without being spotted:1,2,5,10,20 Number defeated:1,2,4,10,15 Times you have seen it use Slash:1,3,6,12,25 Times you have seen it use X-Scissor:1,3,6,12,25 Times you've given it food:1,3,5,7,10 Number of different forms you've obtained:2