Chapter 26 Jubilife Works

Then they go to the clothes store and find Anthe, who asks, "The clothes you were wearing when you first came to the village...I can't describe to you the shock they gave me! It's as if I got a glimpse of the future! There's no mistaking it - you're passionate about fashion, aren't you?"

Ash says, "Serena here passionates a lot about fashion."

"Ash!" Serena blushes.

"I see...Well, I have the duty of making this village more fashionable, too. Let us study fashion together! You're part of the Survey Corps, am I right? Please, I ask that you lend me your talents. I've been told that Hippopotas, which can be found around the Crimson Mirelands, have different appearances based on their gender. I feel like if I were able to see and compare them, it would inspire me to create new designs for my clothing! Please, could you show me both a male and a female Hippopotas?"

"Sure." Ash says, "We already have them."

After showing the two Hippopotas, she says, "Wah! I never thought just a change in color would lead to such a different impression for the same Pokemon...That's definitely inspired me! Give me just one moment..."

Then Ash and Serena offer to help make clothes, and they make Oribe patterned Kimonos, Star patterned Kimonos, Checker patterned Kimonos, and Large Dots patterned Kimonos. Both Top and bottoms.

"Those sure are some great outfits." Ash says.

"And I never thought you were able to sew clothes as well, Ash." Serena says.

"I just feel like it." Ash says.

They also spot a photo studio, and they decide to check it out, the owner named Dagero says, "Ah, just the people I was waiting for! There's a Pokemon I was hoping you could bring me. I've been trying to make a business of offering the groundbreaking experience of having your photo taken with Pokemon...but no one around here seems to understand the appeal. Perhaps they're all just too afraid of Pokemon to get over their reluctance...But I happened to accidentally catch a Pokemon in this photo, and it gave me a brilliant idea!"

As he shows them a picture, they see that it is a picture of the Heartwoods, and on the bottom-left corner, there are a pair of ears poking out.

"See how fluffy it is? How adorably soft? How irresistibly, impossibly cuddly? Once people see a Pokemon like this in a photo, they'll all want to have their portraits taken together with it! But I need to get a better shot of it than this one. If you find one, could you bring it here?"

Ash turns to Serena, "Hey, Serena. Do you think these ears belonged to Buneary?"

"If you look at it, it sure does look like Buneary's ears." Serena remarks.

After entering the room and showing him the Buneary, he says, "Oh, it's even fluffier and lovelier than I imagined from that photo! This is it! This is exactly it! Let's get a proper shot at once!"

After taking a picture of the Buneary, he says, "I was able to get just the shot I needed, thanks to you and that Pokemon of yours. This should go a long way toward getting the other villagers over their fears and into some photos with Pokemon!"

He shows them the dreamy filter photo, and Ash and Serena are both in awe at it. Once they finished taking pictures, Serena says, "I wonder it is because of us that photos and clothes are now becoming modern these days..."

"Who knows, or maybe Arceus is messing with us." Ash says.

They find a man named Taggart and he says, "Hey, sport. Interest you in some target practice? All you've got to do is lob some balls and try to pop some balloons. Easy peasy, fun and breezy. Even got some fine prizes lined up to give out, depending on how well you do. If you manage to break 10000 points, you'll be in for a real treat - I can tell you that. If you're up for a challenge, you just let me know. I'm usually to be found in the practice field."