Chapter 46 Post Cobalt Coastlands Part 5

Before the whole start of the Unown and Spiritomb hunt, the group is also doing some tasks and capturing Pokemon. They find a man in front of the Galaxy Hall as he is selling candy, he says, "Can I interest you in a candy?"

"Well, not for now." Ash says.

"Now, before you buy a wee treat, lend me your ear a moment, would you, lads?" The man named Bonn asks. "I came up with a new treat using Candy Truffles, but it's caused me nothing but sorrow! Every last person who tries it says it's beyond saving. A complete disaster. Utterly terrible. I've had to shelve this new creation, and there it remains - in a salty puddle of my bitter tears. It'll likely never see the light of day again. It seems like I'll never be able to pull a profit from my creation, but I'd at least like to share my recipe with someone, lest it is forgotten entirely. You like making things with your own hands, don't you? I could share my recipe with you. I've got plenty of Candy Truffles to spare. But you'll need to bring a Sootfoot Root, a Springy Mushroom, and a Hopo Berry. Got that?"

"Sure." Ash says as they all buy the items from the Craftworks, and then they give the ingredients to Bonn. "Then learn from the master!" He starts to make the Swap Snack, and they realize it is for changing the offense stats with the defense stats of a Pokemon. "Well, if that isn't just typical of our famed Survey Corps recruits! Took to it like a Finneon to water. It's a curious sort of mix-up, not at all what I was going for, but life serves up all kinds of surprises! And you Survey Corps folks end up fighting against all sorts of different Pokemon, don't you? If anyone can find good use for my Swap Snacks, I'm sure it would be someone like you."

And back to the Cobalt Coastlands, they decide to see what's on the other side from the Vilestone Cape, and they find a lot of Hisuian Growlithe there. "Come to think of it, we haven't captured any of them."

"Yeah. Let's do it for now." Serena says.

Growlithe's Research Tasks: Number caught:1,3,6,12,25 Number you've caught without being spotted:1,2,4,6,10 Number you've caught while they were sleeping:1 Number defeated:1,2,4,10,15 Number of you've defeated with Water-type moves:1,2,4,6,10 Times you have seen it use Fire Fang:1,3,6,12,25 Times you've given it food:1,2,3,4,5 Number you've evolved:1

Hisui Dex Entry No.150 Growlithe (Hisuian Form): The Scout Pokemon: Fire- and Rock-type. They patrol their territory in pairs. I believe the igneous rock components in the fur of this species are the result of volcanic activity in its habitat.

And with the Fire Stones in hand, they also evolve them into Arcanine.

Arcanine's Research Tasks: Number caught:1,2,3,4,5 Times you have seen it use Rock Slide:1,3,6,12,25 Times you have seen it use Raging Fury:1,3,6,12,25 Times you have seen it use Flare Blitz:1,3,6,12,25 Times you've seen it use a strong style move:1,2,4,10,15 Times you've seen it use an agile style move:1,2,4,10,15

Hisui Dex Entry No.151 Arcanine (Hisuian Form): The Legendary Pokemon: Fire- and Rock-type. Evolved from Growlithe with Fire Stone. Snaps at its foes with fangs cloaked in blazing flame. Despite its bulk, it deftly feints every which way, leading opponents on a deceptively merry chase as it all but dances around them.

"Wait, so this is the Spring Path..." Ash says as they continue forward, "Does that mean this is the Sendoff Spring?"

"So you know about this place." Irida says. "Over there is the Turnback Cave, we don't know what it is doing inside, though."

Ash knows that this is where they can find Giratina, and come to think about it, Dialga, Palkia, and then Giratina are the three Pokemon Arceus first created. But before he can think some more, they notice the Piplup Evolution line and they want to capture it.