Chapter 64 Post Alabaster Icelands Part 3

Before leaving Heart's Crag, they find alpha Gardevoir in the area as they quickly capture it.

Gardevoir's Research Tasks: Number caught:1,2,4,6,10 Number of alpha specimens caught:1,2,3 Number defeated:1,2,4,6,10 Number of you've defeated with Steel-type moves:1,2,3 Times you have seen it use Dazzling Gleam:1,3,6,12,25 Times you have seen it use Psychic:1,3,8,20,40 Times you've seen it use an agile style move:1,3,8,20,40

Hisui Dex Entry No.103 Gardevoir: The Embrace Pokémon: Psychic- and Fairy-type. Evolve from Kirlia at LV:30. It will dedicate itself to defending a master it has come to adore. Its pure white dress, reminiscent of those worn by ladies of nobility, is the dress of one who is willing to risk their life.

They walk on the Alabaster Icelands and find a man named Brice, and he says, "I came to set up another base camp, but I don't spy Craig from the Construction Corps...I told him to meet me near the base of the falls here in the Alabaster Icelands, so where is he? He's not the type to usually get lost, so I'm honestly a bit worried...Do me a favor? Would you find Craig for me?"

"Sure." Ash and the group decide to search for him on the other side of the fall, and he is there. Craig says, "Two of the Survey Corps, aren't you? Well, this is fortuitous. Have you seen Brice? Brice from the Supply Corps? He's the one who told me to meet him at the base of the falls, and yet he hasn't shown."

"We met him, and he is on the other shore across the river over there." Ash points at the shore, and he says, "I'm glad you came around, or I might've been waiting here till I turned into a block of ice. I'll hurry off to find Brice, then, so we can get that camp up and running in no time!"

After rushing back to where Brice is, he says, "Brrr! It's cold as a Cubchoo's snot out here! How do those Pearl Clan people stand it?"

"Excuse me? We live here for a lot of years..." Irida says while rolling her eyes.

"Boy, do I owe you for finding Craig for me. Now we can finally get things set up..." Brice says.

After waiting for a while to see them setting up the base, Brice says, "And here you have it: our newest base camp! Stop by anytime you need!"

Laventon also brings a lot of staff here and he is shivering, "Goodness, I don't know how the Pokemon living in this frigid place find the energy to dash about as they do...Do they have a nice layer of insulating fat, perhaps...? There must be some trick to it!"

"I agree." Adaman nods.

One of the staff members here is the balloon race man, and he says, "I tell you, there's no better way to stave off the cold than to run around and burst balloons! I run the balloon race in these parts. Would you care to have a go? You just need to burst as many of my adorable balloons as possible while riding a Pokemon. It's a blast, really! If you manage to burst, say, 30 balloons, well, that'd be an impressive start! How about it, kids? Want to play?"

Ash says, "Serena, do you want to do it or I?"

Serena says, "You do it, Ash. I know you can do it. Just don't be reckless."

Ash nods, and the man continues, "There are a total of 50 balloons on the course! Let's see how many of them you can burst in 2 minutes! Now, get out there and get bursting!"

Ash is now struggling a lot as he has to change from Wyrdeer to Sneasler, and then go into the water with Basculegion and then fly into the air with Braviary. And he has to make sure he holds onto Braviary tight so that he won't fall to his doom. And he gets the final balloon in the last second, much to his relief.