Chapter 61 Noble Avalugg Battle

Before reading to take off, they manage to use some Wing Balls to capture a Braviary in the air so that they can do some research about it.

Braviary's Research Tasks: Number caught:1,2,4,10,15 Number you've caught while they were in the air:1,2,3,4,5 Times you have seen it use Esper Wing:1,3,8,20,40 Times you have seen it use Brave Bird:1,3,6,12,25 Times you've seen it use a strong style move:1,3,10,30,70

Hisui Dex Entry No.222 Braviary (Hisuian Form): The Battle Cry Pokemon: Psychic- and Flying-type. Evolve from Rufflet at LV:54. Screaming a bloodcurdling battle cry, this huge and ferocious bird Pokémon goes out on the hunt. It blasts lakes with shock waves, then scoops up any prey that floats to the water's surface.

Sabi walks towards them and she says, "Avalugg's Legacy is down there! Now go get a feel for flying with Braviary. When you're done soaring the skies and want to land, just ask him to dive!"

Since Braviary can only carry one person at a time, Ash goes first and then Serena. As Ash and Pikachu fly with Braviary, both of them feel amazed at the wind and Ash says, "Pikachu, be careful not to fall off."

Pikachu nods as he holds Ash tight, and they finally reach the top of the Avalugg's Legacy in no time. After a while, Serena also arrives as both of them try to find the Eternal Ice. After getting the Eternal Ice on the ground, they hear a sound as both Irida and, much to their surprise, Gearic, arrives on top of the Avalugg's Legacy.

"At last, this summit is conquered!" Gearic says.

"Wait, sir? You climbed this ice on your own?" Irida asks with surprise.

"And I see you made it, too!" Gearic laughs. "Flew down to this place and obtained the Eternal Ice, did you? What drives that burning zeal of yours, I wonder."

Ash and Serena give Gearic the Eternal Ice, and he says, "I do have to respect the effort you've put in. I may still have my own doubts weighing on my mind, but I will make the necessary preparations so that you can face my lord, Avalugg. Meet me at Icepeak Arena."

Before Gearic leaves, he says, "Now, don't try to repeat the wondrous feat you're about to see me perform! A tall leap like this can only be managed by highly toned bodies like mine! Till next we meet!"

Just then, he jumps down from the tall ice, much to everyone's shock is the fact that he is safe and sound. Adaman also arrives and he asks, "Did I miss something?"

"Well, we are just about to head to the Icepeak Arena, big bro." Ash says.

"If that's the case, I can show you the way." Adaman says. "No, I'll show the way. This Alabaster Icelands is kind of Pearl Clan territory." Irida says.

"Suit yourself." Adaman chuckles as they all head to the Icepeak Arena. Without wasting time to capture some Pokemon, they stop halfway to see Gearic talking to Volo.

"Now I wonder if he really is stalking us..." Ash mutters.

"Why if it isn't Ash, Serena, Adaman, and Irida?" Volo says. "What a pleasure, finding a familiar face - or any face - in this far corner of the Alabaster Icelands. I came to bring Gearic an order of Swordcaps, and he was more than willing to have a chat about Avalugg! What do you say? Interested in a bit of gossip?"

"Make it quick." Serena says.

"So, Avalugg, yes? The fifth of Hisui's nobles..." Volo says.

"That he is! And you know what? He's an absolute beast!" Gearic adds.

"Well, yes. According to what I was told, not only does he barrage you with chunks of ice - he also fires off massive icicles, and he can cause sharp ice crystals to erupt from the ground below you! Doesn't that seem a bit too powerful to take on? What's more, apparently the Avalugg of old could be up to a hundred feet tall. Doesn't that seem a bit too big to take on?"