Chapter 53 Post Coronet Highlands Part 1

Ash and Serena are now in Jubilife Village with Adaman and Irida by their side, and they stop by the hair salon as Arezu needs help once more. "Hmmm...No, that's not quite right...It just needs that little extra something...Oh! Just the people I need!"

"What's the matter, Arezu?" Serena asks.

"I could use some help coming up with new hairstyles. I've hit a real wall here. A Pokemon would be great for inspiration, I bet. Right now I'm picturing...Yeah! Misdreavus!"

"Misdreavus?" Adaman asks.

"If I could study a Misdreavus up close, I'm sure I'd come up with some amazing new styles! If you manage to catch a Misdreavus, bring it here so I can have a look, 'K?"

"We do have a Misdreavus with us..." Ash says.

After showing her the Pokemon, she says, "You know, people are afraid of Misdreavus because of how it apparently wails at night. But getting a good look at it like this really gives me some fresh perspective. Look how it billows and sways and flows!"

She comes up with an idea and says "Wait. That's it! That's what I'll do! Wow, I just thought up some charming hairstyles! And an enchanting new palette of colors! All thanks to you and Misdreavus here. Come by anytime and try out my new ideas for yourself!"

Then she comes up with some hairstyles like Tied-back, Modern bowl cut (Modern bob for females), Sideswept, and Fancy, and colors like Clementine, Turquoise, and Violet. Ash and Serena manage to look at how she does haircuts with the other people in the village before continuing to do some requests.

They decide to do another request, and they find Miller the farmer, and he says, "Nice to see ya again, Mister and Miss Survey Corps! You got great timin', as always! I wanna make the fields even bigger, see, but there's some boulders sittin' right in the way. If you'd lend us a Pokemon that can smash 'em to pieces with Rock Smash, we'd be mighty grateful!"

"We have a Machoke that can use Rock Smash." Serena says as she shows the Pokemon. "Yer Pokemon'll sure be a big help in expandin' the fields. Might as well get started!"

After having Machoke smash the boulders, Miller is in awe and he says. "Wowee! Yer Pokemon pulverized those pesky boulders like they were yesterday's gravel! Now I'm all pumped up! Sit back - ol' Miller's gonna make the fields bigger than ever!"

After some while, they manage to get a fourth farm field. He says, "That was some fine work! Any crops we plant here'll do great - and it's all thanks to you three. We'll keep yer Pokemon here to help out with the field work a while longer. Just give it a holler if you wanna swap in a different Pokemon to do some rock smashin'!"

And the next request is from Choy, the shop owner, and he says, "Oh, it's my most valued customer. I was just hoping you'd come by!"

"Let me guess, Tao Hua is not giving you goods again?" Ash asks.

"Yes, it's the same business all over again. Tao Hua just refuses to supply any new goods to me. I suppose you must be wondering why he refuses anytime I try to deal with him directly. Well, let's just say he has his reasons..."

"What kind of reasons?" Serena asks, but Choy doesn't answer her question and he says, "Please speak to Tao Hua for me, would you? I imagine you'll have better luck if you bring him some Crunchy Salt as a gesture of goodwill. Perhaps three hunks, to be safe..."

"Adaman, do you still have some Crunchy Salt?" Ash asks.

"I do have some leftovers, we did make some for Electrode's balms." Adaman says.

"Good." Ash nods.

They get to the Supply Corps and find Tao Hua again, and he says, "Oho, if it isn't the Survey Corps recruits who quelled the Lord of the Isles! Has Choy sent you to do the negotiating for him again?"