Chapter 16 Celestica Flute

Ash and Serena are now back at Jubilife Village's Galaxy Hall, as they are talking with Akari and Laventon. Laventon says, "So according to the information you were able to learn from Irida and Lian of the Pearl Clan... was this the normal course of events, that frenzied Kleavor would be calmed by a nice serving of his two favorite foods...I do wonder,...Is it possible that the aromas or some other components of these foods might combine in a way that could not only calm Kleavor but draw him back from this frenzy? But by your own report, even Kleavor's warden - who looks after Kleavor and knows him well - cannot approach him in his current state. It would be a fool's gambit to get close enough to offer him food..."

He starts to think, "Hmmm...Give me a moment, if you would. I need some time to ponder on this...There ought to be something in my research notes that can help us..."

And then they are waiting for the Professor to come up with something, and time passes very fast. Serena and Ash are yawning while sitting down, before they can close their eyes, they hear the Professor yell, "Eureka!"

This causes all three of them to look at Professor Laventon with confusion. "We'll simply have to throw the food! You two've quite the arm for throwing things, haven't you, Ash, Serena?"

"We are?" Ash asks. "Why?"

"Might I suggest you take Kleavor's favorite foods and throw them at the Pokemon?" Laventon asks.

"I guess that makes sense?" Serena asks.

"Yes, it's all coming together! We can use our skill in Poke Ball crafting to shape Kleavor's beloved foods into balls, then throw them to achieve the same calming effect - but from afar! A brilliant idea, if I do say so myself. As for what to call these yummy projectiles..." Laventon says with excitement. "Well, how about Teatime Balls? Puts one in mind of a nice, relaxing afternoon tea, does it not?"

Ash and Serena are feeling weird at the naming as it reminds them of Clemont. Akari asks, "Why wouldn't you simply call them Laventon Balls, Professor?"

"Oh my. With that name, it'd sound like I'm the one being launched at our frenzied friend...In any case, we can rely on the Pearl Clan to gather the necessary foodstuffs, correct?" Laventon asks.

"I guess so." Ash says.

"Then you should get back to Grandtree Arena and let the Pearl Clan know our plan!" Akari says.

"If you're off to Grandtree Arena, best set out from the Heights Camp, eh?" Laventon suggests.

After arriving at the gate, they are stopped by the Diamond Clan Warden: Mai. She smiles and says, "My, my, that Galaxy Hall is one fine building, even from the outside...The Galaxy Team's certainly got themselves a grand headquarters - I'll give them that."

"Not to be rude, but Mai? What are you doing here?" Serena asks.

"Oh! yes, I came because I had some news that I thought you might be interested in. Better you actually see what's going on, though. Let's head to...What did you end up calling it? The Heights Camp?"

"Yeah, the Professor gave that name." Ash sighs.

After arriving at the camp, they are surprised to see Adaman and the Noble Wyrdeer waiting for them. Wyrdeer gives a growl and Adaman says, "I spoke to Wyrdeer about what's been going on. I told him how you've been trekking all over the fieldlands seeking a way to quell Kleavor's frenzy. All this, from someone who's not even part of our clan or the Pearl some wanderers who fell through a rift into this world. And hearing that...Well, you can see how he responded!"

"I trust you appreciate it." Mai says.

"We do." Ash says.

"Wyrdeer's found you worthy, you see. This means you'll need a flute like we have. Mind demonstrating for him, Mai?" Adaman asks, and Mai only nods back. "This is very important, so listen well!"