Chapter 88 More Outbreaks

After arriving at Crimson Mirelands, Mai is already waiting for them, she says, "It seems a massive mass outbreak has sprung up here in the Crimson Mirelands, too. Let's try to determine if this phenomenon occurs here as it does in the Obsidian Fieldlands."

But before they can say anything, they hear a voice that Ash and Serena hate a lot. "Hey ho, little people! No need to fret - Melli has arrived."

"What do you want?" Mai asks, and judging by her tone, it seems like even Mai doesn't like Melli.

"I heard rumors that you've been investigating "massive mass outbreaks" or some such. But I, Melli, have already solved the mystery! All that remains is to gather evidence." Melli says.

"For some reason, I don't believe whatever you're going to say is right..." Serena mutters.

Not bad, Melli!" Mai says.

"The reason these Pokemon have been mysteriously gathering in rainstorms is..." Melli asks.

"Out with it already, Melli. We don't have much time." Adaman says.

"...to give praise to the great Melli, naturally!" Melli boasts.

"I knew it..." Ash mutters, and the others are shaking their heads as well.

"Don't look so sour, you guys!" Melli says. "I realize it's a difficult truth to accept right away, but the awe I inspire - as both sun and shadow to Adaman - is clearly apparent to Pokemon! And as thanks for your adorable efforts in providing my theory true, I'll give you this generous reward."

He takes out 20 berries, and says, "Go on, take them! They're Aguav Berries - quite a rarity here in Hisui, you know!"

Ash and Serena accept the berries, and Melli adds, "As for why these Pokemon gather during rainstorms - well, that's sure to represent how I'm simply overflowing with wonderful qualities. And with those nuggets of wisdom, I shall be off!"

Once he leaves, Mai sighs, "He was very shy and withdrawn as a child, until one day when he announced he was going to work hard to help Adaman. I was happy to see him grow more optimistic, but I fear he may have taken that to ...extremes."

"You and I both." Adaman sighs.

"But Aguav Berries...Where could he have found them?" Irida asks with confusion.

Just then, Munchlax jumps and snatches 5 berries from Ash, and then he starts to eat it. "What?"

"Munchlax! Did you just eat some of the Aguav Berries?" Mai scolds.

After swallowing them, Munchlax belches, and the five of them just shake their heads until they hear the beeping from the Arc Phone.

"What's this? It looks like your fancy map is responding to Munchlax again." Mai asks.

"Look! All the Pokemon are shown on the map..." Serena says as all the question marks on the map disappears and replaces the Pokemon that can be found in that outbreak.

"Hm. Now the map shows not only outbreak locations, but the Pokemon there as well." Adaman says.

"What does this mean, Munchlax?" Mai turns to her Pokemon, who shrugs.

"So if we feed 5 Aguav Berries for Munchlax every time there is an outbreak, we'll be able to learn more about them?" Irida asks.

"Munchlax...What exactly is it you're trying to get us to understand?" Mai wonders. "Whatever this all means, please investigate three massive mass outbreak locations in the Crimson Mirelands, so we can compare these outbreaks to those we found in the Obsidian Fieldlands."